beccajayne93

Medical Review (Dr. Zatzman, Vaughan)

1 post in this topic

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd give a review on my medical, even though it's pretty standard compared to the other medicals with Dr. Zatzman in Vaughan.

My appointment was at 2:15pm. Firstly, I showed up 10 minutes late, due to having to frantically search for my immunization records at home because I had misplaced them - but it was no worries. I showed up at the office, which is on the second floor. The receptionist took my immunization records, all 4 of my passport photos (US sized), my passport, and my appointment confirmation letter. She took my address off of my driver's license and asked me to give the address of the US residence where I would be staying, if I knew. She asked me if I would like to pick up my packet from the office when it was ready or if I would like it couriered, to which I said yes as it's an hour drive for me to the medical office. Since courier services cost $20, plus the $240 for the medical exam with Dr. Zatzman, I paid $260 cash and was told to sit down and wait. (They need exact change at this point and do not have debit services). This part took about 5-10 mins.

Dr. Zatzman called me in after about 20 minutes of waiting. He was very nice and asked me what visa this medical was for (K), and my medical history including prescriptions I was taking and past surgeries that I've had. He confirmed that all of my immunizations were up to par with US standards. I was weighed and my blood pressure was taken. This part took less than 10 minutes, including some small talk at the end about being in the USA. He gave me one set of forms to give to the blood clinic, and another for the x-ray, and showed me where to go for both places. He advised me to go to the clinic first because it closed at 5pm, whereas the x-ray closed at 7 or 8. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

The blood clinic is downstairs on the opposite end of the lobby from the elevators - although it's not the room you think it is, where I waited in line for 5 minutes before I was told I was in the wrong room. You actually have to go around the corner to reach the room. Here, the receptionist lady takes the form that Dr. Zatzman gave you, and asks you how you want to pay the $7.76 it costs. Debit is available here, otherwise you need exact change (you can get change from the pharmacy). I sat down and 5 minutes later my name was called to pay. I then sat back down again and waited about another 20 minutes before I was called to get my blood taken, which was a 2 minute process. Overall, another pleasant experience.

I then went to the x-ray room and handed the receptionist my passport and the form that Dr. Zatzman gave me. Again, you can pay by debit. The bill is $50. I sat down for 5 minutes, was called to pick up my passport, and then sat back down again. This wait was about 30 minutes, but the x-ray itself was, again, 2 minutes. Another pleasant experience.

Overall I was in the building for 2 hours. I assume if you have an earlier appointment you might get through it all quicker. Each stage informed me that I would receive my results in the main in 5-7 business days and my total bill for this visit was $317.76. If I had to do it again I would have made sure my phone was charged because the service in there is terrible and totally drains the battery - I couldn't play games during the wait :(

Also be prepared - all of the receptionists are super chatty and gossipy! Which is sort of entertaining to listen to when there is nothing else to do but wait :P

The countdown is on until my interview (24 days)! Good luck everyone, hope this helps for those of you with upcoming medicals :D

Spoiler

K1

04/09/15: NOA1

06/10/15: NOA2

09/04/15: Interview - Approved!

09/18/15: Visa received

09/24/15: POE

10/24/15: Wedding!!

AOS

11/12/15: AOS packet sent

11/15/15: AOS packet received

11/16/15: NOA1 for I-131 and I-765

11/18/15: NOA1 for I-485

12/11/15: Biometrics

02/06/16: EAD card in production, AP sent RFE

02/10/16: EAD mailed

02/11/16: EAD combo card received in mail including AP - Service request sent for why case tracker shows RFE

03/16/16: AOS Interview - Approved

03/22/16: Green Card received in mail

ROC

12/18/17: I-751 Filed at VSC
12/22/17: NOA1

02/02/18: Biometrics Appointment

02/04/19: Case approved

02/09/19: Card received

All done, for now. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.