AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I spoke with a supervisor on Friday because I wanted to confirm that my case has arrived to Algeria. I will give my timeline first and then explain what she said.

My case starts with Ytc it was originally transferred from NVC to Cairo. After having to deal with Cairo with no success I requested to transfer my case to Algeria on August 25th the request was put in. When I checked crack website on August 27th it stated transfer in progress and on sept 1 it changed to ready and at the ready of my case number was alg.

I called NVC Thursday night asking or confirming whether my case has arrived to Algeria and whether it's a physical file or electronic. I was told that it is in Algeria and it's an electronic file. On Friday I called again and got a very rude NVC representative who literally hung up on me. I called back and complaint abtt the representative which they directly transferred me to a supervisor who was super nice and helpful. She also confirmed that my husband electronic file is in Algeria and when they originally sent my case to Egypt it was only electronic. They didn't send a physical file. She also told me to email the embassy and to explain that and let them know that I have the originals and if they want a physical file (which is pretty much the uscis documents and approval letter) then they need to call NVC and request it.

I posted the same thing on here a month ago but it seemed like not a lot people believed me

Timeline

I posted the same thing on here a month ago but it seemed like not a lot people believed me

I believed you and I know all along that there was never a physical file created at NVC besides the uscis documents that where forward to NVC. It seems like it's a trap that they are trying to put everyone in and are giving excuses to people. I am having a hard time believing that a U.S. Embassy is not able to check name clearance, or anything for that matter on the computer. They want to drag this as much as possibly and they have certain quota of immigrants that they allow each year and they aren't going to top it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I spoke with a supervisor on Friday because I wanted to confirm that my case has arrived to Algeria. I will give my timeline first and then explain what she said.

My case starts with Ytc it was originally transferred from NVC to Cairo. After having to deal with Cairo with no success I requested to transfer my case to Algeria on August 25th the request was put in. When I checked crack website on August 27th it stated transfer in progress and on sept 1 it changed to ready and at the ready of my case number was alg.

I called NVC Thursday night asking or confirming whether my case has arrived to Algeria and whether it's a physical file or electronic. I was told that it is in Algeria and it's an electronic file. On Friday I called again and got a very rude NVC representative who literally hung up on me. I called back and complaint abtt the representative which they directly transferred me to a supervisor who was super nice and helpful. She also confirmed that my husband electronic file is in Algeria and when they originally sent my case to Egypt it was only electronic. They didn't send a physical file. She also told me to email the embassy and to explain that and let them know that I have the originals and if they want a physical file (which is pretty much the uscis documents and approval letter) then they need to call NVC and request it.

The embassy is not replying it's like they just ignore all emails u should have asked the supervisor if he would have been able to send it or to let the embassy know to start requesting these phyisical files

I also a while ago spoke with someone when calling the nvc and they told me that my electronic file was there but there's nothing to do but just wait for the phyisical file

Timeline

The embassy is not replying it's like they just ignore all emails u should have asked the supervisor if he would have been able to send it or to let the embassy know to start requesting these phyisical files

I also a while ago spoke with someone when calling the nvc and they told me that my electronic file was there but there's nothing to do but just wait for the phyisical file

The supervisor stated there not going to send physical files omit the embassy doesn't need them or requested for them and if you think about it there's a reason why Yemenis were originally asked to submit everything electronic because we were suppose to bring everything with us to the interview.

Timeline

I believed you and I know all along that there was never a physical file created at NVC besides the uscis documents that where forward to NVC. It seems like it's a trap that they are trying to put everyone in and are giving excuses to people. I am having a hard time believing that a U.S. Embassy is not able to check name clearance, or anything for that matter on the computer. They want to drag this as much as possibly and they have certain quota of immigrants that they allow each year and they aren't going to top it.

No they really do need to see the USCIS approval letter from the NVC. I showed them my copy but she said it was policy that they see the one given to them by the NVC. I don't blame the embassy in Algeria for any of this. They are really busy just with cases coming from the NVC so to be honest it seems like they don't pay attention to the rest of us

Timeline

Why can't they just send all of ours through email on PFD

The people at the embassy are actually very helpful and they told me they are having a problem with Egypt not sending the physical file. I think this is something you would have to explain to a senator. Ask your senator to have the embassy request your physical file via PDF from the NVC

Okay I spoke with my sentor 2 weeks ago on this matter like why haven't we got an appt yet and if he can request it for me because I send them emails and they don't reply so he emailed the embassy in Algeris alsoattaching the entry stamp and I called him that whole week to see if he got a reply but sadly nothing so he told me what I'll do is email the chief counclour there and explain what's going on with me that was last Tuesday and sadly no reply so he said if he doesn't get a reply then he'll personally call the embassy him self since he's tryed to contact them all ways .. I did explain to him that lots of ppl are just waiting for phyiscal files and that their not sending or there just lost somewhere and I did tell him what happens with you and all and that the embassy requested the file thru PDF ... He also told me that since my case number is Ytc that it defently has a phyisical file

Timeline

No they really do need to see the USCIS approval letter from the NVC. I showed them my copy but she said it was policy that they see the one given to them by the NVC. I don't blame the embassy in Algeria for any of this. They are really busy just with cases coming from the NVC so to be honest it seems like they don't pay attention to the rest of us

If that's true (which I am not saying it isn't) then why isn't the physical file transferred wth electronic when we requested them to Egypt? Why is the supervisor saying that the physical file isn't being transferred unless the embassy is requesting for it? If it's a policy then the file, both electronic and physical, should have been forwarded together. Why is it taking them so long? Yes, I understand that they getting so many cases, but if you're looking at any other countries where immigrants are applying for visa once there NVC is completed within 2-4 weeks max they get an interview date, which is a month out and by the time the interview is near there physical file is already in the embassy. You would think that with 4 locations that are accepting Yemeni cases there should have been a more organized fashion and more doable system to all this mess everyone is?

Timeline

I believed u all along its just because nothing is changing and no one is helping this matter change

That's true actully all the cases coming from nvc are being passed and looked at and us were just hanging there.. We also have that letter from uscis but what can we do with not interview date

Timeline

If that's true (which I am not saying it isn't) then why isn't the physical file transferred wth electronic when we requested them to Egypt? Why is the supervisor saying that the physical file isn't being transferred unless the embassy is requesting for it? If it's a policy then the file, both electronic and physical, should have been forwarded together. Why is it taking them so long? Yes, I understand that they getting so many cases, but if you're looking at any other countries where immigrants are applying for visa once there NVC is completed within 2-4 weeks max they get an interview date, which is a month out and by the time the interview is near there physical file is already in the embassy. You would think that with 4 locations that are accepting Yemeni cases there should have been a more organized fashion and more doable system to all this mess everyone is?

It's just extremely sad and depressing

Timeline

The supervisor stated there not going to send physical files omit the embassy doesn't need them or requested for them and if you think about it there's a reason why Yemenis were originally asked to submit everything electronic because we were suppose to bring everything with us to the interview.

So basicly each one is waiting on each other ... US embassy algeris is waiting on phyisical file ... Nvc is waiting for the embassy to request it .. So at the end were left with time just being wasted and geting no where

Timeline

Iv emailed the embassy over and over again many times the first time they just replied with the same email saying that the file will take several weeks to arrive.. And then I just kept emailing them requesting an interview and that my husband is already in Algeria probably 4 times after and then no reply what so ever..

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

SALAM alikom.

MY friend need help.

HIS case was at NVC, and transfer to cairo, after 2 weeks.he get email from cairo says that :

Please note that we received your file electronically at post, we would like to schedule your case for an interview as soon as possible, please inform us when you have arrived in Egypt and provide us with your contact information so that we can contact you to schedule an appointment.

Please prepare the following documents for each person applying for a visa and send them to our office via Aramex courier service:

1. Photocopy of applicants passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2. Photocopy of applicants birth certificate (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

BUT HE CANT go to cairo, so .he transfer his case to algeri,

AND his case become ready with SAA123 ALG.

THE question is .

WHERE is the physical file ?

Is in cairo or NVC.

THANK YOU.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.