AbuAmina

Immigrant Visa for Yemenis

535 posts in this topic

I have spoken with nvc multiple time about my case why the physical hasn't arrived. They keep on telling me that my case was sent out from Cairo on July 27 but til this day the embassy keeps on telling me it's only electronic. How odd is it for a physical file takes that long to arrive.

Anyone have any updates on what's going on.

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

I have spoken with nvc multiple time about my case why the physical hasn't arrived. They keep on telling me that my case was sent out from Cairo on July 27 but til this day the embassy keeps on telling me it's only electronic. How odd is it for a physical file takes that long to arrive.

Anyone have any updates on what's going on.

IS your case was in sanaa .before transfer to cairo.

IF not .did you get new case start with CRO.

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

There are a lot of people without physical files. The problem is cairo is not sending physical files they just send it electronically. And other embassies like Djibouti and Algeria wait for a file that's not coming there way. We need to make some noise about this situation.

Timeline

There are a lot of people without physical files. The problem is cairo is not sending physical files they just send it electronically. And other embassies like Djibouti and Algeria wait for a file that's not coming there way. We need to make some noise about this situation.

THE PROBLEM IS EMBASSY IN CAIRO, DJIBOUTI,AND ALJERI

FIRST, they must send complaint to U.S. DEPARTMENT. AND TALKE ABOUT CAIRO.

AND THEY must receive Physical case by via email as BDF.

Timeline

You are absolutely right! When I attended my wife's interview and they said they didn't have the physical file so the consular sent the NVC requesting my physical file to be sent via email on a PDF

Timeline

You are absolutely right! When I attended my wife's interview and they said they didn't have the physical file so the consular sent the NVC requesting my physical file to be sent via email on a PDF

HOW LONG TAKES to get the response from nvc to send via email.

Timeline

It takes the NVC 1 month to respond to my emails but the NVC responds to the embassy very fast.

It takes the NVC 1 month to respond to my emails but the NVC responds to the embassy very fast.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Does any one hAve a Ytc number and has his electronic file but physical file not yet at Djibouti. What's going on with those cases.

Any help is appreciated

Mine is still ytc and both the physical and electronic file is in djibouti i hope that helps

I have a YTC case number and the electronic file is already in algeris for a month and a half and still awaiting phyisical file I don't get it it took long enough for the electronic file to arrive what's happening to these pyisical files

Timeline

I accompanied my wife to her IV interview today at the U.S. Embassy in Algiers. When we got there We were told they accidentally gave us a interview and that they believe Egypt may have lost my physical file ( case transferred from U.S. embassy in Cairo to US embassy Algeria). I insisted that they interview my wife because we waited for years to have this interview and after a lot of convincing the agreed and all went well. During the interview the consular officer sent an email to the NVC requesting the physical file to be sent via email on a PDF file. They took my wife's passport and said as soon as they get the file they will issue the visa and since I had ALL my paperwork in order they only needed the physical file for NAME CLEARANCE.

This has happened to a lot of Yemeni people but they never argued or put up a fight. They just get nervous And leave. There's a lot more detail to what happened today but it would take a while to write.

I can't imagin how you guys felt as you were seeing this happen like how can they give someone an interview on accident..I'm glad u were able to convince them because My husband told me a couple others that went through the same thing that same day but like you said just left.. Alhamdlilah and congratulations!!!! Inshallah were next

Timeline

What is it that we can do tell me please!

Timeline

Why can't they just send all of ours through email on PFD

Timeline

I have a YTC case number and the electronic file is already in algeris for a month and a half and still awaiting phyisical file I don't get it it took long enough for the electronic file to arrive what's happening to these pyisical files

I spoke with a supervisor on Friday because I wanted to confirm that my case has arrived to Algeria. I will give my timeline first and then explain what she said.

My case starts with Ytc it was originally transferred from NVC to Cairo. After having to deal with Cairo with no success I requested to transfer my case to Algeria on August 25th the request was put in. When I checked crack website on August 27th it stated transfer in progress and on sept 1 it changed to ready and at the ready of my case number was alg.

I called NVC Thursday night asking or confirming whether my case has arrived to Algeria and whether it's a physical file or electronic. I was told that it is in Algeria and it's an electronic file. On Friday I called again and got a very rude NVC representative who literally hung up on me. I called back and complaint abtt the representative which they directly transferred me to a supervisor who was super nice and helpful. She also confirmed that my husband electronic file is in Algeria and when they originally sent my case to Egypt it was only electronic. They didn't send a physical file. She also told me to email the embassy and to explain that and let them know that I have the originals and if they want a physical file (which is pretty much the uscis documents and approval letter) then they need to call NVC and request it.

Timeline

Why can't they just send all of ours through email on PFD

The people at the embassy are actually very helpful and they told me they are having a problem with Egypt not sending the physical file. I think this is something you would have to explain to a senator. Ask your senator to have the embassy request your physical file via PDF from the NVC

Timeline

I spoke with a supervisor on Friday because I wanted to confirm that my case has arrived to Algeria. I will give my timeline first and then explain what she said.

My case starts with Ytc it was originally transferred from NVC to Cairo. After having to deal with Cairo with no success I requested to transfer my case to Algeria on August 25th the request was put in. When I checked crack website on August 27th it stated transfer in progress and on sept 1 it changed to ready and at the ready of my case number was alg.

I called NVC Thursday night asking or confirming whether my case has arrived to Algeria and whether it's a physical file or electronic. I was told that it is in Algeria and it's an electronic file. On Friday I called again and got a very rude NVC representative who literally hung up on me. I called back and complaint abtt the representative which they directly transferred me to a supervisor who was super nice and helpful. She also confirmed that my husband electronic file is in Algeria and when they originally sent my case to Egypt it was only electronic. They didn't send a physical file. She also told me to email the embassy and to explain that and let them know that I have the originals and if they want a physical file (which is pretty much the uscis documents and approval letter) then they need to call NVC and request it.

I posted the same thing on here a month ago but it seemed like not a lot people believed me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.