3 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding my wife's birth certificate.

As you'll know that I have submitted I 130 for my wife and kid, the documents I sent in the package with I 130 included my wife's Birth Certificate, Her birth certificate has only her father name, her mothers name is not included in the document. But her passport bears both her parents names. I sent the passport copy too in the package.

Anyone knows anyone had similar situation earlier, any RFE was requested in regards with the birth certificate having only fathers name but not mothers?

What was the reply to RFE? with was the additional document that was sent in response to the RFE?

As we know that getting a birth certificate after 2 years of birth is a pain the rear end in India, I am anticipating that I might have to apply for her's birth certificate which would take good amount of time and money back home. As per immigration timelines I filed at CSC which is reviewing the petitions for 3rd week of June 2015 currently, I am expecting an RFE in this regards.

So what do you guys think I should be ready with to quickly turn around the RFE without any delay.

Please pour in your thoughts which would help me prepare before hand.

thanks

regards.

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I have a doubt regarding my wife's birth certificate.

As you'll know that I have submitted I 130 for my wife and kid, the documents I sent in the package with I 130 included my wife's Birth Certificate, Her birth certificate has only her father name, her mothers name is not included in the document. But her passport bears both her parents names. I sent the passport copy too in the package.

Anyone knows anyone had similar situation earlier, any RFE was requested in regards with the birth certificate having only fathers name but not mothers?

What was the reply to RFE? with was the additional document that was sent in response to the RFE?

As we know that getting a birth certificate after 2 years of birth is a pain the rear end in India, I am anticipating that I might have to apply for her's birth certificate which would take good amount of time and money back home. As per immigration timelines I filed at CSC which is reviewing the petitions for 3rd week of June 2015 currently, I am expecting an RFE in this regards.

So what do you guys think I should be ready with to quickly turn around the RFE without any delay.

Please pour in your thoughts which would help me prepare before hand.

thanks

regards.

I really do not think you will get RFE for this initially. Your marriage certificate and her passport prove that she is the person who was petitioned. You can make affidavit sworn by 2 people that they are aware of her birth and were present at time of birth. Her birth certificate will not caushe lot of problem now but when she will petitioned her parents then it will be problem. You should try to fix it while she still living in india.

11/27/2013 - Priority Date

04/01/2015 - I-130 Approved

04/21/2015 - NVC received Case

04/29/2015 - DS261 filled

05/02/2015 - Case under CSPA review

06/04/2015 - Supervisor review Initiated-Wait 42 days

Timeline

I really do not think you will get RFE for this initially. Your marriage certificate and her passport prove that she is the person who was petitioned. You can make affidavit sworn by 2 people that they are aware of her birth and were present at time of birth. Her birth certificate will not caushe lot of problem now but when she will petitioned her parents then it will be problem. You should try to fix it while she still living in india.

Thank you Nilx25 for replying, I too pray for the same thing, dont want any RFE's in the case, dont want the case to be delayed... and pray that it gets approved quickly.

And yes as you said I am going to make affidavit's in this regard and have them signed by my inlaws. 2 Affidavits would be enough you think?? And along with that her Secondary School leaving Certificates or any education certificates having both her mothers and fathers name should do good right?

Thanks Regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.