hhpp12000

G325a Applicant's employment last five years but my work experience is only 4 years..

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on form G-325a and got confused at the part where I have to fill in my employment history in last five years.

Here's my situation:

I graduated from college in 03/2011, started working in 06/2011 until Present(4 years experience total as of right now. Between 03/2011 and 06/2011 I was a math tutor.

Now, how will I present this in form G-325a?

My concern is my total working duration is less than 5 years, and before that I was just a college student. Should I ONLY list all the work I've done even if it's not 5 years? Or should I state "Unemployed" for the time that I didn't work? Because I've never worked before I graduated from college, doesn't that mean I've been unemployed since I was born? How should I address the duration of my unemployment in this case?

Sorry for being a lil bit panic, and I appreciate for all your answers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think if I remember correctly, "...for the last five years" so if your filing now, 2015, you will fill out all your work experience from 2015 back to 2010, hence, for the last 5 years( Not, 'Lasting/lasted' for 5 years)

It's not about years of working in a single company 5 years. So, yes, list all your work even if it's less than 5 years as long as it's within 2010-2015. You are not considered "unemployed" since birth. I think they just want to check in that form where and what have you been doing for the past five years prior to application.

Edited by CaliforniaBae

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.