8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm a little confused.. I got my police cert back and it said .. Was not convicted of any crime while residing in Ireland.. But I have a police record it was something small it happened about 30 years ago .. I was given a fine and let go.. I told my local police station that I had a record when I hand in my Police cert form And it still came back saying that and I live in the same address and town when it happened.. So the thing is do I go and ask for my record r do I leave it as it is...thank u for the help.

Might it have happened when you were very young? Did you give them all of your past addresses and dates you lived there (if you lived in other places)?

Did you go to court for it or was it something like an on-the-spot fine?

Edited by Rinara

History
Nov 2005 - Became friends online...... Oct 2006 - Met in person for the first time...... May 2014 - Became girlfriends...... Nov 2014 - I asked her...... Apr 2015 - She asked me

K-1 Visa
2 May 2015 - Mailed I-129F
7 May 2015 - NOA1 received. We got California! (+5 days)
18 June 2015 - NOA2 received. (+6 weeks)

14 July 2015 - NVC received. Had to call them. (+26 days)

23 July 2015 - NVC sent case to Embassy in Dublin. Also had to call the NVC. No notice in mail from NVC and CEAC website still said "At NVC" for 3 more days. (+9 days)

30 July 2015 - Dublin Embassy received case. (+1 week)

31 July 2015 - Packed 3 received after requesting it. It was emailed to Irish Beneficiary. They never contacted US Petitioner as they said they would, probably because I was emailing them already. (+1 day)

4 Aug 2015 - Notification of Readiness emailed to embassy. (+4 days as I had to wait to print necessary documents).

5 Aug 2015 - Medical. Booked before Embassy received case. (Appointment was 9 days after I called to make it)

12 Aug 2015 - Packet 4 received. Notified of interview date. (+8 days after Notification of Readiness was sent).

21 Aug 2015 - INTERVIEW! (+17 days after Notice of Readiness was sent; +22 days after embassy received our case; +106 days, or 15 weeks 1 day, since NOA1)

28 Aug 2015 - Visa Recieved in the mail. (+1 week since interview)

23 Sept 2015 - POE Orlando, FL

9 Oct 2015 - Applied for SSN

17 Oct 2015 - SSN recieved in mail.

19 Nov 2015 - MARRIAGE!

16 Dec 2015 - Filed for AOS/EAD/AP

14 Jan 2015 - Biometrics appointment (+1 month)

13 Feb 2015 - GC ISSUED! (+1 month) NO INTERVIEW! And no EAD/AP issued!

For a detailed account of my Medical experience, read my blog post HERE

For a detailed account of my Interview in Dublin, read it HERE

Timeline

Yes I did.I'm back living in the same address now...do u think I should go back and say it to them again r leave it ? And yes I did go to court I was 17 at the time I'm 50 now..not sure what to do ?

Edited by paddywex

Yes I did.I'm back living in the same address now...do u think I should go back and say it to them again r leave it ? And yes I did go to court I was 17 at the time I'm 50 now..not sure what to do ?

I had a very quick look to see what I could find online. It looks like if you commit a crime under the age of 18, as long as it's not something really serious like murder or rape, and as long as you don't break the law again, your record is clean after 3 years.

There's no harm in calling them again and asking, but it looks like it wasn't a mistake, and that your record is clean by now.

Edited by Rinara

History
Nov 2005 - Became friends online...... Oct 2006 - Met in person for the first time...... May 2014 - Became girlfriends...... Nov 2014 - I asked her...... Apr 2015 - She asked me

K-1 Visa

23 July 2015 - NVC sent case to Embassy in Dublin. Also had to call the NVC. No notice in mail from NVC and CEAC website still said "At NVC" for 3 more days. (+9 days)

31 July 2015 - Packed 3 received after requesting it. It was emailed to Irish Beneficiary. They never contacted US Petitioner as they said they would, probably because I was emailing them already. (+1 day)

4 Aug 2015 - Notification of Readiness emailed to embassy. (+4 days as I had to wait to print necessary documents).

5 Aug 2015 - Medical. Booked before Embassy received case. (Appointment was 9 days after I called to make it)

12 Aug 2015 - Packet 4 received. Notified of interview date. (+8 days after Notification of Readiness was sent).

21 Aug 2015 - INTERVIEW! (+17 days after Notice of Readiness was sent; +22 days after embassy received our case; +106 days, or 15 weeks 1 day, since NOA1)

19 Nov 2015 - MARRIAGE!

I found this, which explains some more.
http://www.iprt.ie/contents/2335

When you call the Guards, tell them that its for an American visa. It might require them to disclose it even though it's technically not on your record any more.

You could also email the Dublin embassy and ask them if they require that information.
Their email address is: dublincons@state.gov

History

K-1 Visa

19 Nov 2015 - MARRIAGE!

Timeline

When I handed it in I told them what it was for and I did tell them I have a record . I did say to her did she want me to wright in on it..she replied no its fine we look into it.. I got in back a week later saying everything was fine to my surprise.

When I handed it in I told them what it was for and I did tell them I have a record . I did say to her did she want me to wright in on it..she replied no its fine we look into it.. I got in back a week later saying everything was fine to my surprise.

That's good! I personally would still email the embassy and ask if they need it. I do tend to worry about things though and always like to know 100%. Tell them you were 17, it was X years ago, that you went to court and paid a fine... They're very good at getting back to people in a few days.

If the Guards knew it was for an American visa and didn't disclose it on your certificate you should be fine!

History

K-1 Visa

19 Nov 2015 - MARRIAGE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.