WalterW40

What next after I-130 has been approved?

19 posts in this topic

I-130 approved on 7/22 and sent to NVC. I did not get an email - only the actual NOA2 in the mail.

What happens next?

Will I get a notification that NVC has received my case and assign a Case # and Invoice ID? How long does it take to get case # and Invoice? Do I need to contact them for this?

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I-130 approved on 7/22 and sent to NVC. I did not get an email - only the actual NOA2 in the mail.

What happens next?

Will I get a notification that NVC has received my case and assign a Case # and Invoice ID? How long does it take to get case # and Invoice? Do I need to contact them for this?

Thanks.

What invoice are you referring to? I believe they will contact you/your fiancé with a interview date after the embassy receives your petition.

What invoice are you referring to? I believe they will contact you/your fiancé with a interview date after the embassy receives your petition.

I saw somewhere that in order to complete the DS-260 on-line you would need the NVC Case number and Invoice ID number.

• 4 weeks later...

The NVC will send you a case number. Follow the steps closely as outlined by the NVC website. Get Act Inextensa (long form) for both birth certificate and marriage certificate, and make sure to get a qualified translator for all translations. The documents must be legalized.

What happens next?

Thanks.

Walter, let me know if you have any questions. I'm pretty far ahead in this process, but the delays can be long (or longer) than indicated. Follow instructions carefully, and don't hesitate to holler if you have any questions. You should be getting your Case number from the NVC soon if you haven't already received it. Have patience, but don't hesitate to call the NVC if you are unclear on anything.

What happens next?

Thanks.

Walter, let me know if you have any questions. I'm pretty far ahead in this process, but the delays can be long (or longer) than indicated. Follow instructions carefully, and don't hesitate to holler if you have any questions. You should be getting your Case number from the NVC soon if you haven't already received it. Have patience, but don't hesitate to call the NVC if you are unclear on anything.

Thank you MRS1- much appreciated. I actually already sent the AOS and IV packet in. NVC received it today. Completed the D 260 and paid AOS and IV invoices. I feel things are moving pretty fast up until this point. Now the wait to see if I get no RFE and get the case closed.

Walter, that's great news! Things are moving along quickly for you. I made a couple of mistakes when I submitted our marriage certificate and my wife's birth certificate by not getting the Act Extensa long form for each. I also failed to have the documents legalized at the Civil Registry Office in SD. As a result, I had to resubmit the two documents. It set us back about two months. My wife is pissed. Dominicana temper is nothing to mess with. My docs were received yesterday. Now the additional thirty days for review. I plan to call and see if these two items can't be reviewed for me by a supervisor while I'm on the phone. I keep kicking myself for not catching the finer points of what was required. Uggh.

Walter, that's great news! Things are moving along quickly for you. I made a couple of mistakes when I submitted our marriage certificate and my wife's birth certificate by not getting the Act Extensa long form for each. I also failed to have the documents legalized at the Civil Registry Office in SD. As a result, I had to resubmit the two documents. It set us back about two months. My wife is pissed. Dominicana temper is nothing to mess with. My docs were received yesterday. Now the additional thirty days for review. I plan to call and see if these two items can't be reviewed for me by a supervisor while I'm on the phone. I keep kicking myself for not catching the finer points of what was required. Uggh.

Hahahaha...you are so right about dominicana temper. Hopefull you can get those items reviewed quickly and get CC soon.

I only submitted copies of all the originals. The BC and MC are both legalized and inextensa and translations provided.. Being that they are copies, I just hope they have the sence to look at the back of each document and see the legalization stickers.

I sent color photocopies of each with translations. I believe that photocopies are fine. Yes. Am hoping for CC soon! You will hear soon.

I received this from NVC today:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your documents on 1-September-15. We are experiencing a high volume of incoming mail at this time. Please allow 30 days from the date we received your mail for the NVC to review your documents. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. The NVC will notify you after our review if there is additional information required or if we are able to schedule your case for an interview overseas.

Did the 60 day email changed to 30 day now? If so, hopefully that means they are catching up on viewing documents and cutting the reviews from 60 to 30 days.

Edited by WalterW40

I received the same notice when I resubmitted the two documents that needed correction. I was told on the phone, however, that it could take as long as sixty days.

What city in DR is your wife from?

I received the same notice when I resubmitted the two documents that needed correction. I was told on the phone, however, that it could take as long as sixty days.

What city in DR is your wife from?

I figure it would take that long. I will anticipate a long wait but hope for a quick process. My wife is from Samana....and yours?

My wife's from Higuey, which is about forty minutes from Punta Cana. The Basilica is located not too far from our apartment. I think good news is coming soon for both of us.

My wife's from Higuey, which is about forty minutes from Punta Cana. The Basilica is located not too far from our apartment. I think good news is coming soon for both of us.

That's awesome. My wife's aunt's birthday is today and she went to Higuey today to celebrate with family.

Higuey is a dusty smog - filled city with little in the way of restaurants or cultural centers yet the city is easy to like and the people hospitable and warm. I've grown to like the place a great deal. Whenever I am with my wife at our apartment, the stress of virtually everything else dissipates. We'll most likely end up moving back in about ten years or so. Do you have a place there (in RD)?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.