Flora Lau Mendez

should I call NVC again and again?

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,
I finally submitted DS 260 on 5 Jul after being stuck at NVC for 5 months,
got the confirmation email saying DS 260 is received in late Jul.

My husband was told it was 30 calendar days for reviewing the form,
so he called NVC yesterday as it's almost time and we have heard nothing yet.

The girl said they have not reviewed DS 260 yet,
and she also claimed that my birth certificate is not there in the AOS (and IV) packet.
We are very certain it's in the packet,
I think the people are just too stupid to recognize it actually is a birth certificate since it is all written in Chinese
(I was born in mainland China).

Basically she said 'the box (regarding the birth certificate on their checklist) is not ticked/checked'
and she has no access to looking at our packet there,
so the case shall be pass to a supervisor review.

I have seen some people sharing a similar story
(some documents, usually birth certificate reported missing)
and some called NVC again and were told the documents were actually safe/nothing's missing
or the case was never passed to any supervisors.

Question 1:
Should I call NVC again and again hoping to find out the birth certificate is found or resubmit it now (the girl didn't ask us to resubmit it though)?

Question 2:
I have seen a post with a lot of people giving credits to a nice and efficient NVC rep.
and I hope someone can kindly tell me what her name is.
I would very much love to have my husband talking to her.

Your advise will be much appreciated :)

This whole thing is a complete nightmare,
it's been already one year since USCIS received our application.
I know there are people who actually have waited longer than ours,
and people who got very lucky.
To me, it's like a nightmare that never ends :( :( :(

Unfortunately this happen when they revived your visa application they send a email inform you they review your application and if something missing they send a check list , regarding your birth certificate you send the transition in English and you write and each paper your case number. Good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.