vajaster

How To Expedite NVC (Procedures/Steps)

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I think it's ok to ask here.

1) I really don't think this is a problem. We sent the IV packet then filled out the DS-260 4 days later and then needed extra time to gather up the documents for the AOS packet because of tax season, so that was sent last. Thank God no checklist :)

2) Are you sure we have the electronic option to submit these documents? I don't think Afghanistan has that option or else I definitely would have done it that way.

3) No NVC will not ask for the original, they will take a copy of it. But yes the embassy will want to see the original which is why I left that with my husband.

4) & 5) For Afghanistan I'm pretty sure everything has to be mailed, but you can double check and ask someone else too. Places like Canada and UK can do electronic submissions...lucky them :wacko:

Hope this helped a little.

Great ... thanks for the answers, honestly that was quite a bit of my worries ... those questions there.

So when can I send the AOS/IV package exactly? As soon as the DS-261 is completed and I pay the AOS/IV fee's?

I read that I need to submit a bar code as well? Is that something that will be available on the CEAC website or do I have to actually wait for it to come in the mail/

I'm just trying to make short cuts and not slack off. I want to be on top of this.

BTW: Sorry did some more research lol defintely no EP for KBL lol

And I'll have to get the Nikkah Khat back to AFG for the interview

Great ... thanks for the answers, honestly that was quite a bit of my worries ... those questions there.

So when can I send the AOS/IV package exactly? As soon as the DS-261 is completed and I pay the AOS/IV fee's?

I read that I need to submit a bar code as well? Is that something that will be available on the CEAC website or do I have to actually wait for it to come in the mail/

I'm just trying to make short cuts and not slack off. I want to be on top of this.

BTW: Sorry did some more research lol defintely no EP for KBL lol

And I'll have to get the Nikkah Khat back to AFG for the interview

Yes as soon as you fill out the DS-261 and pay the fees. Once your fees have been processed CEAC will show "Paid" for both.

As for the barcode, right under where it says "Paid" for each fee, you will have the option "Print Document Cover Sheet" for each IV and AOS packages, and that is where you will get the barcode. I will include an image of what it looks like.

Good for you though, the sooner you do everything the less delays you'll have.

Our package sending unfortunately fell right in the middle of tax season so that delayed us a little.

And yeah, that'll be the day when Afghanistan has updated technology <_<

post-201760-0-00366800-1439346232_thumb.jpg

Timeline

Yes as soon as you fill out the DS-261 and pay the fees. Once your fees have been processed CEAC will show "Paid" for both.

As for the barcode, right under where it says "Paid" for each fee, you will have the option "Print Document Cover Sheet" for each IV and AOS packages, and that is where you will get the barcode. I will include an image of what it looks like.

Good for you though, the sooner you do everything the less delays you'll have.

Our package sending unfortunately fell right in the middle of tax season so that delayed us a little.

And yeah, that'll be the day when Afghanistan has updated technology <_<

attachicon.gifAOS.jpg

So from the forums I read it's OK to send the documents with just the AOS barcode/cover sheet. I don't have to wait for the IV to clear and than submit that bar code. Is that information accurate?

Now can these be scanned and emailed or is it better (or only acceptable) to mail them?

In terms of the DS260, from my understanding, it is completed online and submitted through the CEAC portal correct?

Sorry guys I've got lots of questions and you guys are my hope lol ...

So from the forums I read it's OK to send the documents with just the AOS barcode/cover sheet. I don't have to wait for the IV to clear and than submit that bar code. Is that information accurate?

Now can these be scanned and emailed or is it better (or only acceptable) to mail them?

In terms of the DS260, from my understanding, it is completed online and submitted through the CEAC portal correct?

Sorry guys I've got lots of questions and you guys are my hope lol ...

Ummm I think you should wait for both of the barcodes. One for AOS and one for IV separately. Because that's how they'll be able to tell each package from each other.

They have to be mailed.

And yes DS-260 is submitted online once fees show "Paid".

Make your faith in God your hope, we are just sources of information :)

So of all six of the cases I was tracking that I thought may have had interviews the same day as my fiance, all have been issued as of yesterday. We are still waiting, so we are a little disappointed thinking it would have been issued this week. Oh well, at least we are close. So close...

Signature coming soon...

So of all six of the cases I was tracking that I thought may have had interviews the same day as my fiance, all have been issued as of yesterday. We are still waiting, so we are a little disappointed thinking it would have been issued this week. Oh well, at least we are close. So close...

Today makes it 6 weeks since we got our case complete......I am going through so much depression right now.

Today makes it 6 weeks since we got our case complete......I am going through so much depression right now.

I hope your melancholy doesn't last long. The positive thing is that your interview should be scheduled any day now! But I know that without completely knowing, the next two weeks can be emotionally taxing. The letter should come within another two weeks, but it's hard to push away those feelings of doubt, uncertainty, anxiety and being lost that come with not knowing when you should get to the next step.

Just remember that you are closer now than you have been. Try to remember the progress your case has made, and set short-term date goals. We tried to get in the mindset of waiting for the next three weeks for something to happen. Especially in AP, trying to give generous deadlines before going crazy helped, but small milestones maintained motivation. It's close. It's close. His interview may be scheduled for the beginning of October, if my theory is correct. But your case is moving and it's moving in the right direction.

Edited by Amhara

Signature coming soon...

I hope your melancholy doesn't last long. The positive thing is that your interview should be scheduled any day now! But I know that without completely knowing, the next two weeks can be emotionally taxing. The letter should come within another two weeks, but it's hard to push away those feelings of doubt, uncertainty, anxiety and being lost that come with not knowing when you should get to the next step.

Just remember that you are closer now than you have been. Try to remember the progress your case has made, and set short-term date goals. We tried to get in the mindset of waiting for the next three weeks for something to happen. Especially in AP, trying to give generous deadlines before going crazy helped, but small milestones maintained motivation. It's close. It's close. His interview may be scheduled for the beginning of October, if my theory is correct. But your case is moving and it's moving in the right direction.

Thank you so much for your understanding and supportive words.

I feel like NOBODY else knows or is capable of understanding what people like me, you and everyone else in a long-distance relationship feel :cry:

Timeline

I feel for you guys ... this is a long journey. Keep in there though, just like Amhara said you're very very close.

Your at the goal line now at this point!

BTW: Guys just an update I got my case number, completed DS-261 AND paid AOS fee's!! :joy:

BTW: Guys just an update I got my case number, completed DS-261 AND paid AOS fee's!! :joy:

Awesome! What is the next step? When do you think you will be ready for the interview to be scheduled?

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Awesome! What is the next step? When do you think you will be ready for the interview to be scheduled?

Long ways to go for the interview.

I still have to submit IV fee, submit AOS/IV package, submit DS260 THAN ... play the waiting game until a CC lol

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Amhara, whats the average wait time for an interview to be scheduled at the embassy in Kabul?

My case is currently with NVC I've submitted everything and am waiting for their decision currently before them sending it to the embassy but I am just curious.

Amhara, whats the average wait time for an interview to be scheduled at the embassy in Kabul?

My case is currently with NVC I've submitted everything and am waiting for their decision currently before them sending it to the embassy but I am just curious.

They told us in our email back in May that it takes about 6-8 weeks from the time they receive the petition to the time we get the interview letter. The interview letter seems to be sent a month prior to the interview date. My friend; however, waited for the 8 weeks.

I think the "Plan Ahead" tool on http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english.htmlwas saying the average wait time was 43 days in Kabul, but now it's down to 18 days now. This is mostly for tourist visas, but I think it may help gauge how busy the embassy is.

K-1's don't have a case complete stage, so our status said "In Transit" before "Ready", and we started counting the day the status updated to "Ready". I would suggest watching your ceac.gov status really closely after you get the KBL# and after about 3 or 4 weeks in, send the embassy an email to ask. They may come back with something saying, "We don't have your file" or "Your file has not been reviewed", but don't worry - just send them another email two weeks later! :)

Signature coming soon...

I know you're asking Amhara, but since we are in the same visa category and I am currently going through this ridiculous stage....

Our case was completed on July 2 and we are still waiting for an interview date...think about that.....this Thursday will complete 8 weeks that we are still waiting.

I know you're asking Amhara, but since we are in the same visa category and I am currently going through this ridiculous stage....

Our case was completed on July 2 and we are still waiting for an interview date...think about that.....this Thursday will complete 8 weeks that we are still waiting.

But is that from the Kabul embassy's side or the NVC side? I have a friend I found on here who is waiting in Kenya, and she too has CC'd, but is still waiting. I think she's been waiting about the same time as you, jklm, and Kenya has a fast embassy.

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.