Pudum and Ken

Thailand trip 12-21 April 2007

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello my friends,

I will be going to BKK in April and just wondering if anyone else will be there during this time? 12-21 April. It will give Pudum and I a chance to beef up pur photo needs for her interview and I get to meet her family.

I also am paying a dowery to her mom, but not until visa is approved. Pudum wants a traditional Thai wedding in her country (not legal) to please her family and social status in the village. Anyone else have to do the same? I think it's exciting.

Let me know who is going.

Ken

Until I leave to see Pudum[br].png

Edited by Pudum and Ken

Cool. I just got back last month. You'll be there for Songkran. That's very fun!!. Pick up a waterproof disposable camera. Biggest 4 day water fight I've ever been in.

008.jpg

003.jpg

songkran_a1.jpg

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

khun Ken - I will be in BKK from mid-april till mid-may (haven't bought my tickets yet, probably in a week or two).

Nid and I did the traditional Thai/Isaan wedding last year in her village at her mother's house. I paid the dowry, did the whole water and incense and chanting and white cotton string thing, had a big party (everyone in the village brought food and whiskey), and walked around Thailand for the next 3 weeks with ALOT of white cotton string around both my wrists (we took a 2-week "honeymoon" on Koh Phi Phi) it was great feeling and a wonderful experience. We plan on doing the same with my family in America once she gets her visa - only next time we will legally register the marriage.

Timeline:

02/20/2005 - Met first time in Bangkok, Thailand

01/19/2006 - "Unofficial" Wedding Ceremony in Surin, Thailand

03/19/2007 - Filed K-1 Visa petition at Vermont Service Center

08/30/2007 - Received K-1 Visa from US Embassy Bangkok

10/05/2007 - Arrived POE at Washington DC

10/09/2007 - "Official" Wedding Ceremony in Rockville, Maryland

10/23/2007 - Apply for SSN

10/25/2007 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP petitions to Chicago Lockbox

10/29/2007 - Received SSN

11/02/2007 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

11/27/2007 - AOS/EAD Biometrics - USCIS Glenmont, Maryland

12/19/2007 - AOS transfered to CSC

12/27/2007 - EAD/AP approved

01/03/2008 - Received AP Documents

01/05/2008 - Received EAD Card

Perpetual fluctuation is the essence of the perceptual universe

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Wow Congratulation!! I wish I could be back in Thailand right now too... Hope you have a great time!! The traditional Thai wedding can be tiring and painful... I mean literally lol.. My husband wore a traditional thai wedding suite but it's pretty fit on him and sitting on a floor and "WAI" all the guests who were giving us the present that took like 2 hours and he couldnt stand up by himself :lol: Also his shirt was a little tight it was hard for him to reach and bend down (he's not a big guy either..)... so.. choose your outfit wisely :whistle:

Play Songkran and have fun!!

Congratulation again!

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"