Coliman

J1 visa administrative processing

7 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I applied for a J1 visa at the Guadalajara American Consulate on august 10th 2015. I was informed my case would be placed under administrative processing. I was asked for additional documents and I sent those on august 13th 2015. I was born in Cuba, buy I've been living out of the country the last 16 years. Is there someone in this situation?.I must be in the US on August 3 but my case is still in administrative processing. There have been no updates in my case since the interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone

I’m still waiting for the approval of my visa. I am very concerned, on the website of the US Consulate in Guadalajara you can see there are many cases under administrative processing :( :( . Anyone have any idea how long it may take?.

Timeline

Hi,

That´s right. We need to be patient. My case was updated on August 8th but it is still under administrative processing :unsure:. Is it possible to update the case but keep the status?.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Yes it can be updated without changing the status. From what I got each time someone works on your case the case gets a new update date, which's a good thing.

From my readings online, people usually get their visa few days after the first case update! So keep your fingers crossed, I'm sure you'll get it soon.

If you don't mind me asking, what's the purpose of your J1? Are you an exchange student or a researcher?

Timeline

Thank you so much for your answer. Hopefully my visa will be issue soon. . I'll cross my fingers!!!.

I´m a researcher and I will work for a year in the US (if I get the visa :) !!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.