ibyang

Explanation for No Criminal Record

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! This is for a parent of a USC who has a No Criminal Record on his NBI Clearance. The father is from Davao city and when he received the letter from the embassy that he needs a letter of explanation in regards to his No Criminal Record, he immediately went to the NBI-Davao and talked with the NBI Director there. The NBI-Davao Director made the letter informing all concerned that the past civil cases has been finalized and dismissed. The NBI-Davao Director then said that he will mail the documents to NBI-Manila from there, it will be forwarded to the embassy.

So my question is this: Are we on the right track? Is this all a waiting game from hereon? Was it enough that the Diretor of NBI-Davao is the one mailing the documents or should it be us through 2Go?

Thank you for all your response!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Par for the course. Waiting game in AP once they receive those documents. Could be a few weeks or a few months, no one can tell you for certainty on that part. You can contact the embassy in a few days to make sure they've received the documents.

Timeline

Par for the course. Waiting game in AP once they receive those documents. Could be a few weeks or a few months, no one can tell you for certainty on that part. You can contact the embassy in a few days to make sure they've received the documents.

Thank you for your quick response. This was the specific e-mail sent:

We are unable to complete the processing of your immigrant visa application under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended, until you present the following documents or complete required action from your end:
NBI written explanation of "no criminal record" or "no pending case" for XXXX. Please do not make a follow-on request with NBI. Failure to follow this instruction may result to delays in processing the required documentation. The National Bureau of Investigation will directly forward the result of the NBI Written Explanation to the Immigrant Visa Section of the U.S. Embassy.
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
SUBMISSION OF REQUIRED DOCUMENT(S): Please use the 2GO courier service to return document to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Information on the procedure may be found at http://suppplychain.2go.com.ph. this service is free of charge.
Upon reading this e-mail a million times (LOL), I assume it was enough that NBI-Davao sent the documents directly to NBI-Manila

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Give it a few days and then keep checking every few days after that to make sure it gets there in a timely manner. If for whatever reason it does not I would go back, get a copy myself and send it from 2go personally. The way it's going for you though is not abnormal, but you still should to follow-through to ensure it's done.

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Give it a few days and then keep checking every few days after that to make sure it gets there in a timely manner. If for whatever reason it does not I would go back, get a copy myself and send it from 2go personally. The way it's going for you though is not abnormal, but you still should to follow-through to ensure it's done.

Yes thankfully the director gave us our own copies. I will follow your advice to give it a few days and we will call the embassy. We just got intimidated with the part of the email that says "do not follow-up..."

Thank you so much for your input!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.