shk

I130 approved and now with NVC

2 posts in this topic

Hello guys so here's my situation I'm a British Citizen and husband US Citizen and we have a son now he has both American and British passport

I went to USA on VWP in April 2014 to meet the guy I liked and his family ( his family visited us and the guy came twice, to London to meet me and my family

So when I went there I was stopped in the airport coz my ticket was for 5 months (I thought I'm British and could stay for six months! I really should have researched!) I said I will change the date which I did. Also I told them I'm visiting family friend. So anyways I went and decided to get married in May 2014 after seeing their house, life style.

We got married and I spent the 85 days with them visiting his sister in New York, and went to a few places.

GETTING MARRIED IN USA DOESN'T HELP YOU GET A STATUES WHICH I NEW SO WHY THE HELL IS IT A BIG ISSUE?

I came back found out I was pregnant (didn't want to get pregnant) so I stayed here for a while went back to USA because my father in law didn't see me so I went to meet him (August) while I was there we filed my i130 (September) but my husband was still a green card holder I stayed there for 80 days I went to the USCIS office talked to Immigration Officer about my situation she said there's nothing they could do but to just wait and she also said that since you are a British citizen you can come here on VWP and don't tell anything to officers in the US airport. So I went back to my home (November), stayed with parents.

I went again (January) to visit husband while I was still pregnant, because my husband was buying a house and he needed me there to support him and help him choose a house so I went and this was my third visit I was stopped at the airport and was kept there for more than 3 hours They asked me who I am visiting I said I'm visiting my husband and I m going back in two weeks coz my ticket was for two weeks I showed them my marriage certificate, the letter (notice from USCIS)

He was very rude and also checked my phone I was very upset and didn't want them to know anything more coz that would mess up my case then my husband whatsapped me saying "tell them you are pregnant and if anything happens to my baby you will be responsible for it" as soon as he saw that message he said okay you can spend the two weeks and then go back and apply for a non immigrant visa and come back to USA he changed his way of talking too. So when I went home with my husband we were looking for houses found a house and my husband said i dont want you to go and I want the baby to be born here under his supervision he changed the ticket and he later became a US Citizen (February) he called the USCIS and updated them and they had moved my case to a different category which meant they will work faster on the case so while that was in process my husband applied for I129F (March)

My son was born there and got my son passport as my visa was about to expire I came home with him and recently both my cases (i130 and i129f) approved and now its forwarded to the NVC.

I never researched and thought I was a British citizen and could stay in USA for up to 6 months also giving birth to my son was my husbands decision I preferred UK!

I'm just scared of the fact that I got married on VWP and US Consulate will question me and might deny my visa..realy if I new I would have never done it

I read in many places that US Consulate want to see if the marriage is real since we have a son and off course our marriage is real

Will US consulate ask me why I spent more time than I was told by immigrantion officeron my third visit? I had returned ticket for two weeks but changed it but I haven't over stay vwp

Will the consulate question me for marrying there? Really stressed out and sad for my husband for not being with his son and missing all the important bits. :(

What questions does the US consulate normally ask?

Really I didnt want all this stress please write answers or anything you think I should know. Thanks alot!!

There is no problem. You didn't over-stay. They would not deny a visa for the reasons that you mentioned.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.