MARY1981

US EMBASSY IN ARMENIA

94 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

Wow the posts here are scaring me. They recieved our petition on October 26 and even sent me an email for invitation. I keep on checking the site for available interview dates but nothing so far. By the way this is for a k1 visa. The system doesnt even let us pay for it until there is an available interview time slot. Is this new? Or there's other ways to pay for it? I even called them to pay for it and they said there arent any available dates for interview so I can't pay for it. This also sucks because our I129f petition expires in January.

Timeline

Wow the posts here are scaring me. They recieved our petition on October 26 and even sent me an email for invitation. I keep on checking the site for available interview dates but nothing so far. By the way this is for a k1 visa. The system doesnt even let us pay for it until there is an available interview time slot. Is this new? Or there's other ways to pay for it? I even called them to pay for it and they said there arent any available dates for interview so I can't pay for it. This also sucks because our I129f petition expires in January.

POE------2/18/2016

Marriage----4/20/2016 (L)

AOS/EAD/AP

5/23/2016------Sent out package through USPS

5/27/16 (Day 1)----received at Chicago and signed for

6/03/16 (Day 6)----check cashed

6/05/16 (Day 8)---- Received e-notification from USCIS "Acceptance Confirmation"

6/09/16 (Day 12)----Received I-797 notification for all three applications.

6/14/16 (Day 17)---- received I-797 for Biometrics appointment. for 7/1/16

6/24/16 (Day 27)----walked in for biometrics before 7/1/16.

8/19/16 (Day 85)----Received update text, Interview is scheduled for September 21,2016

8/19/16 (Day 85)----Received update text, EAD Approved and card is being processed

Timeline

Ando.... is the expiration thing you are talking about the validity date on ur NOA2 ? Because that date automatically gets extended from the embassy. It took me 2 months, countless emails, plenty of calls, and checking the appointment schedule 20 times a day before they opened like 4 days only for k1visa appointments. Keep writing to the consular section asking for updates on appointments and hang in there. Between you and your fiancé keep logging in to check for times. They don't release to many days for interviews. As for payment, I happened to get transferred to an automated system and then I payed for the visa application like that, they were surprised that I got through like that. Keep your faith that everything will be ok. It's a matter of time.

POE------2/18/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

6/05/16 (Day 8)---- Received e-notification from USCIS "Acceptance Confirmation"

8/19/16 (Day 85)----Received update text, Interview is scheduled for September 21,2016

8/19/16 (Day 85)----Received update text, EAD Approved and card is being processed

• 1 month later...
Timeline

So next week my Fiance has his interview and I was just wondering If anyone has any advice or can help give some pointers. Has anyone recently been at the consulate for a similar situation. What kind of questions should he expect?? We are both super nervous and can't wait. Thanks in advance for all your help. :clock::unsure:

POE------2/18/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline

So next week my Fiance has his interview and I was just wondering If anyone has any advice or can help give some pointers. Has anyone recently been at the consulate for a similar situation. What kind of questions should he expect?? We are both super nervous and can't wait. Thanks in advance for all your help. :clock::unsure:

Cool my fiance has an interview this upcoming week also. On the 18th. Good luck to u guys!

Timeline

Cool my fiance has an interview this upcoming week also. On the 18th. Good luck to u guys!

Thank you... ours is one the 17th. Good luck to you guys too!!! Would you happen to know what kind of things they are going to ask?

POE------2/18/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline

so just an update.... My fiance went to his interview yesterday and we got the approval!!!!!! A few things he needed to do...He had to make a copy of his entire military booklet(we only did the main page with his picture and information). One more thing he has to do is, his passport still has 2 years left for expiration but it already had an extension on it. The consular had him go and get a new passport so they can put the visa in the new one. All he needs to do is put the new copies and passport (which he paid $100 and he gets in a week) in a envelope and put it in the consulates dropbox. They will notify him when the passport is ready.

The questions they asked were just information about me and my work..... What my hobbies are..... what I like to do on my free time..... some family questions..... if my fiance has anyone in the USA..... when our wedding will be....when and where we have met first and last time.....how we met.... and pretty much the main questions that you should know about your fiance. They didn't do anything tricky, just looked at him to see how sincere his answers were and if he would get confused when answering the questions. Wishing all others luck at their interviews and journeys. Be detailed and organized in all the paperwork when you are going to consulate.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

POE------2/18/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline

so just an update.... My fiance went to his interview yesterday and we got the approval!!!!!! A few things he needed to do...He had to make a copy of his entire military booklet(we only did the main page with his picture and information). One more thing he has to do is, his passport still has 2 years left for expiration but it already had an extension on it. The consular had him go and get a new passport so they can put the visa in the new one. All he needs to do is put the new copies and passport (which he paid $100 and he gets in a week) in a envelope and put it in the consulates dropbox. They will notify him when the passport is ready.

The questions they asked were just information about me and my work..... What my hobbies are..... what I like to do on my free time..... some family questions..... if my fiance has anyone in the USA..... when our wedding will be....when and where we have met first and last time.....how we met.... and pretty much the main questions that you should know about your fiance. They didn't do anything tricky, just looked at him to see how sincere his answers were and if he would get confused when answering the questions. Wishing all others luck at their interviews and journeys. Be detailed and organized in all the paperwork when you are going to consulate.

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I am soooo happy for you. Congratulations. We have our interview at 1:30 pm tomorrow. So 1:30am with our time here in California. No sleeping for me tonight until I get the good news.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Armenia
Timeline

Congratulation!!!

Timeline

Ando.... keep us updated...I'm sure it will be ok. Good luck.

POE------2/18/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline

Its been 2.5 hours and still havent heard anything from my fiance. Is this normal? Jesus Christ. Anyways by the time u guys answer I will probablly already have an answer. Just venting I guess

Timeline

Its been 2.5 hours and still havent heard anything from my fiance. Is this normal? Jesus Christ. Anyways by the time u guys answer I will probablly already have an answer. Just venting I guess

Ando... update?

POE------2/18/2016

AOS/EAD/AP

Timeline

Ando... update?

They had called her last and that's why it took so long. WE'RE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for all the help. I will update my timeline and write a review in the morning. Now time to get couple of hours of sleep.

Timeline

Anyways here is the review that I promised. It's also in the consulate review area.

Her appointment was at 1:30pm and she was there at 12:30pm. They didn't let her in until 1:15pm so don't go too early especially if it's cold like this. Anyways she called me 3 hours later and that's because she was the last person to have the interview. At first she gave in all her paperwork and then waited until they call her for the interview. The questions they asked were basically.....
"What does your fiance do for living?"
"How and when did you guys meet?"
"Have you met his parents?"
"Does he go to school?"
and since we were denied the first time, they asked her do you know why you got denied the first time? to which she responded, "yes because we hadn't met the requirement of meeting in the past 2 years."

After that the C.O. said the magical phrase I am going to go ahead and APPROVE YOUR VISA. They said you will get your visa in hand in 5 days but don't make any travel arrangements because it might take 7 days instead of 5.

So I want to thank all the people in VJ for helping us toward this hard and frustrating journey. You guys made the impossible possible for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.