mme.kante

Power of Attorney for DNA test

1 post in this topic

My step-daughter (who is in Senegal) and husband have been asked for a DNA test in order to proceed with her visa application. Neither of her parents will be able to accompany her to the embassy to sign the required consent form so we need to get a relative in Senegal to accompany her.

The form from the embassy says that "a notarized original power of attorney with the guardian's full name, government issued ID number, his/her date of birth, and your child's name indicating that you appoint him/her as your child's guardian"

Can anyone direct me towards a template for this or can I simply type up a form that says something like:

"Power of Attorney

I, father's name, appoint guardian's name, as guardian of my daughter, her name.

father's details

guardian's details"

Do I need to express the purpose of this guardianship (ie to give consent for DNA testing)?

Notarizing it here in the US is what we are expected to do, right?

Husband's DFC for IR-1 visa and removing conditions

11 Sep. 09- Married in Kedougou, Senegal
06 Oct. 09- I-130 Petition submitted in Dakar
21 Oct. 09- Packet 3 received in Dakar
03 Nov. 09- Visa interview: approved!

05 Nov. 09- Visa in hand!!!
23 Jan. 10- Ousmane arrives in the US through JFK
22 Nov. 11- I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center
28 Nov. 11- I-751 NOA
31 Jan. 12- I-797 NOA
10 Feb. 12- Bio-metrics Appointment in Durham, NC
July 2012 ----moved to Seattle, Washington------
10 Jan. 13- I-751 Interview at Seattle field office
11 Feb 13- Green Card received in mail!!!!

Stepdaughter's IR-2 visa

07 Sep. 13- I-130 Petition submitted by USPS

11 Sep. 13- NOA

07 Mar. 14- Visa approved. Sent to NVC

19 Mar. 14- NVC received case

02 May 14- NVC case number/ IIDN received

02 May 14- AOS processing fee paid

02 May 14- DS-261 submitted

01 Aug 14- AOS packet received by NVC

30 Dec 14- AOS checklist received by NVC

09 Jan 15- DS-260 completed

29 Jan 15- IV packet received by NVC

04 June 15- formal notification of Embassy interview and NVC pre-processing completion

09 July 15- Embassy interview in Dakar, paternity test requested

19 Aug 15- Paternity test in Dakar

01 Oct 15- Visa in hand!!!

22 Oct 15- Arrived in US with Dad. POE: Seattle

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.