Jump to content

I-130 AND I-485?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm living in Korea with my wife and we are about to file I-130 next week, but double checking this website I see it also says to submit I-485... I thought I-485 was for people already living in the US under a different status and seeking to change. It's not exactly a cheap form to file, either, so I want to be sure because, yet again, I am seeing different information everywhere I look. Most people don't seem to mention I-485 in their stories, but then some websites (including this one) list it among the necessary documents.

Should I prepare I-485 along with I-130, or does the I-130 along with the visa application (DS-260) suffice?

Thanks to all who can clarify!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was asking as they have special rules and guidance. You do not file the I-485.


All you need right here....


Edited by Shauneg

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.