3 posts in this topic

Hello All!

AOS is all very new to me and I'm sure I will be having loads of questions. For now, I am just trying to get a head start on things as we won't be getting married until April 1st, and hopefully send in our application soon after that!

I am looking at what forms are required and I did not know the I-693 medical has to be sent along/filed at the same time as the rest of the pack. I thought this is something that gets done closer to the interview date? Why are there 4 copies of the same form in I-693?

Also, my fiance had a medical in September at the US embassy in London for our K-1 approval but that is now sealed in the brown envelope for POE and we don't have any copies of that anyway. Do we have to send in a record of his vaccinations with the rest of the pack as well, or just the form?

Marianne

.png

He needs only to submit the vaccination supplement, I-693A, as long as the full medical examination was conducted within the year past as of the date of filing the AOS.

Do you have the vaccination worksheet (DS-3025) from the medical? Andy should have been given a copy to keep, outwith the sealed brown envelope. You can take that to a civil surgeon (it MUST be a USCIS-certified civil surgeon) and have the data transferred to the I-693A, usually for only a small fee. Make sure you tell the civil surgeon's office that he is a K visa holder who has had a full medical in the past year, and so he DOES NOT need the full medical.

The I-693A then gets submitted with your I-485.

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.