Jump to content

first name change

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone

I applied K1 Visa with my name Mi-Fang Chen. * But i DID listed Amy Chen in "Other Names Used" in I-129F form.

I have Noa1 in March 2015 im now waiting for Noa2.

i want to change my first name to common American name for Amy Chen

My fiance , amily and friends call me Amy for years.

so now if anyone call me Mi-Fang Chen. i can't response to it right away.

plus most english speaking people can't pronounce my name correctly.

my friend said to me just change Mi Fang after three years later with American citizenship.

but i can't imagine to be Mi Fang for three years.

now im planning to change my Taiwan passport name to Amy Chen.

will it cause any negative problem with my K1 Visa?

can i ask embassy to change my k1 visa name to Amy Chen during my Noa2 interview

or i just need to take my old passport with me while i enter US with K1 Visa?

thank you in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.