tealeaf

Interview, evidence of support and employment

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello guys,

I’m in a really tough situation. I have been terminated from my pretty well paid job December 2014. Ever since then I have been unemployed. Well, a few days ago I just got a job at a much lower pay (minimum wage). I just started whatever till I can find a job matching my bachelor degree. I am a recent college graduate. It definitely does not fulfill the requirements for the evidence of support. I still live with my parents and they have agreed to become co-sponsors of me and my fiancé.

I plan on going to the interview, which will be in Ho Chi Minh City, with my fiancé. I hope that with this really low pay and my parents co-sponsoring me and the fact that my fiancé will actually be coming to live at home with us will get her the visa. Since my job is really crappy and low paying and just started, I may not have enough if any days off to go to Vietnam for the interview. My plan is to go anyways because I honestly don’t care about this job. I’m only working it to show I’m employed.

So my question is, if I get a note from my job that I am employed (as it is required on the i-134 form) and present it to the interview will they actually check with my employer or whatever government database they have if I am employed? I will get fired for sure during my trip, I just won’t know when. If I am lucky to have some days off, I will still be employed on the day of the interview, as I will arrive there 1 day before the interview to make sure I am still employed. Will they find out that I have left this job for the interview and by the time I come back I will be unemployed again? Because of my 6 month employment gap, recent low wage employment and visit to Vietnam, will they ask me questions about my past and current employment?

If you present a letter that says you are working for company x and company x has fired you because you did not show up for work, that would be fraud.

Your fiancee is interviewed, not you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It wouldn't look good if you go to Vietnam and get fired. It would be misrepresentation if you go there and hand them evidence that you're working for that company when in fact you have been fired.

It would be more beneficial for both of you if you stayed in the states and kept your job then leave and get fired. Plus how are you going to explain getting laid off like that at a future job interview in case they ask?

Filed: Timeline

The job I got right now is so bs and so unimportant to me that I will never list it or talk about it to a future employer. It's simply not worth my time. Only reason I'm doing it is so I can show I am working. My idea is to get vacation and make sure that on the day of the interview I am still on vacation. So when they see that I am employed at the interview I will actually be employed and I won't be lying at all. The thing is I know they won't give me enough vacation for the entire trip. After the interview my vacation will end and I will get fired but that will be past the interview. This is perfectly fine with me. Does the consulate actually check with my employer about the vacation they have given me? Will they actually contact my employer? I will have the note that I am employed from the employer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.