ikhail

Islamabad, Pakistan Embassy Phone Trouble

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well, Its true but I did figure it out different number and for sure someone will answer otherwise you can get that person voicemail. DO NOT LEAVE voice mail. Try it again its means that person is takling with somoene on other line.

92-51-208-2121 , 92-51-208-2128, 92-51-208-2130

best of luck

HERE ARE MY TIMELINE:

=====================

My wife K-3:

============

Mailed: Sept 16,2006

Received: Sept 18,2006

NOTICE date: Sept 22,2006

Received notice in mail: Sept. 27

10/25/06: Notice of transfer to Vermont Center issued

10/26/06: touched & status changed with notice of transfer

11/01/06: Touched

11/02/06: Touched

11/18/06: State Changed without touch date. Last touch date still showing 11/02/2006 but with new message).

12/29/06: Approval Email recieved

NVC and Consulate:

=============

01/03/07: NVC assigned case#

01/05/07: Petition forwarded to Islamabad, Pakistan (US Embassy)

01/22/07: Called US embassy Islamabad, they did confirmed it.

02/08/07: Received Interview Letter from Embassy

03/06/07: Interview Schedule (Pray for me)

Timeline

thanks

on 2128 a lady answerd but she said it the wrong depertment

and other no one answer guess got to try more.

well, Its true but I did figure it out different number and for sure someone will answer otherwise you can get that person voicemail. DO NOT LEAVE voice mail. Try it again its means that person is takling with somoene on other line.

92-51-208-2121 , 92-51-208-2128, 92-51-208-2130

best of luck

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

265e6e5e6e5

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am calling for last one week and i m dialling the following numbers

Sometimes line go through automatically and if someone speaks and transfer the call to immigration department bells keep ringing and ringing and it happens in both either it go automatically or transfer by operator and bell keeps ringing and i waited for 20 minutes and it keep ringing and ringing.

If they are busy with calls i dont think they talk for 20 minutes with one caller

Its a hard nut to crack to get a call from american embassy

Timeline

Thanks

Sometimes line go through automatically and if someone speaks and transfer the call to immigration department bells keep ringing and ringing and it happens in both either it go automatically or transfer by operator and bell keeps ringing and i waited for 20 minutes and it keep ringing and ringing.

If they are busy with calls i dont think they talk for 20 minutes with one caller

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

265e6e5e6e5

• 3 months later...
Timeline
Thanks

Well when I tried calling the embassy they open there phones exactly at 12:30pm. What I was doing is that b4 I was to listen to all of the choices then I would select the option. Well what I did which worked pretty well was that when I would call 9251-2082700 then operator would ask to select 1 for english and 2 for urdu, then after pressing 1 it would ask to select in my case 2 for immigrant visa and then 1 to connect to the operator.

what i later started doing was when i dialed 208 2700, i wouldnt bother to listen to the opertor i would quickly press 1 and then it would transfer 2 and then 1. what happens is after they connect u to that line it will probably say "number is busy please try again" then it would return you to the main menu again. Just press 1 then 2 then 1 and continue until it finally disconnects.It took me about 15mins to get through.

Make sure who ever you speak get there name and record the date and time you speak to them.

Because I had called once and the guy said he will chanage my husband's interview date and when i asked for his name he said we are not allowed to give it and said has put the change into the system. when i called back the next day a woman was there I asked to verify the date change she said no we need email verification from the petitiioner with case number etc etc and when I told her he wouldnt give me his name it was kind of like she was laughing but I got her name.

so please make sure u get there name, date, and time record everytime you speak to someone.

I hope this help

I-129F (K3) Form:

07-08-06 – Married

01-17-07 – NOA1 rec’d

05-10-07– I-129F Approved, in 90 days from your filing date.

05-10-07 – Forwarded to ISB Emb.

06-19-07 – Initial Interview date but since he had business trips later changed to August 28, 2007 put on AP , given white slip

03-28-08 – call DOS case going in & out of AP

03-30-08 - called ISB said they requested case to be expedited

04-08-08 - Husband received email from ISB to pick up visa :) :) yippppyyyyyyyy

04-02-08 - VISA PRINT DATE

04-21-08 - will be in ISB to pick up visa :) :)

VISA IN HAND on 04-21-08 VISA Issuance DATE on 04-02-08

June 6, 2008 Arrived in USA POE Detroit, <10mins to do immigration, very nice + helpful officer, Zero harassment level even though husband has a very very common name

.png

.png

• 5 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanks

Well when I tried calling the embassy they open there phones exactly at 12:30pm. What I was doing is that b4 I was to listen to all of the choices then I would select the option. Well what I did which worked pretty well was that when I would call 9251-2082700 then operator would ask to select 1 for english and 2 for urdu, then after pressing 1 it would ask to select in my case 2 for immigrant visa and then 1 to connect to the operator.

what i later started doing was when i dialed 208 2700, i wouldnt bother to listen to the opertor i would quickly press 1 and then it would transfer 2 and then 1. what happens is after they connect u to that line it will probably say "number is busy please try again" then it would return you to the main menu again. Just press 1 then 2 then 1 and continue until it finally disconnects.It took me about 15mins to get through.

Make sure who ever you speak get there name and record the date and time you speak to them.

Because I had called once and the guy said he will chanage my husband's interview date and when i asked for his name he said we are not allowed to give it and said has put the change into the system. when i called back the next day a woman was there I asked to verify the date change she said no we need email verification from the petitiioner with case number etc etc and when I told her he wouldnt give me his name it was kind of like she was laughing but I got her name.

so please make sure u get there name, date, and time record everytime you speak to someone.

I hope this help

UF, FORGET calling teh embassy...my husband and I called and called and called for months and NEVER got through (no kidding)...the operator would pick up the phone, transfer and it would ring and ring and ring until my ears bled and I hung up. I've found they are GREAT about answering emails, usually within the next business day or even same. I email them from the states in the evening and usually have a response by morning. Just make sure to include the case number, the ben. name and dob and the pet name and dot along with your questions.

Timeline

u know whats written on ISB embassy's website

*Starting Today (5th June 2007) Until Further Notice, We Have Stopped Providing Immigrant Visa Related Information to American Citizens at the Window. However, American Citizens are Welcome to Contact Us via Email or Fax to Inquire About the Status of Their Immediate Relatives Visa Applications.*

and from that day they stopped taking phone calls for visa related questions also.so i think u guys can send them e-mails.i've sent them e-mails few time for asking questions about my case and they replied.so u can also try....best of luck

Timeline
u know whats written on ISB embassy's website

*Starting Today (5th June 2007) Until Further Notice, We Have Stopped Providing Immigrant Visa Related Information to American Citizens at the Window. However, American Citizens are Welcome to Contact Us via Email or Fax to Inquire About the Status of Their Immediate Relatives Visa Applications.*

and from that day they stopped taking phone calls for visa related questions also.so i think u guys can send them e-mails.i've sent them e-mails few time for asking questions about my case and they replied.so u can also try....best of luck

yeah, they did post that....but they weren't much help over the phone EVER :) They are excellent about replying to emails though!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.