noblues

Loomis - can I pay to have my passport couriered to my house

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel like I have read about this here but I couldn't find a thread.

There isn't a convenient Loomis location near me, especially since I don't drive. I registered already for the one closest to me, but is there a way for me to have them send my passport to my home or office? I don't mind paying for this - I'd have to take a day off work to go pick it up so a courier fee is cheaper.

I'm K1 and my interview is in MTL if that makes a difference.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

here you go

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-CA/niv/information/courier

Overview

Courier services are included in the services that support the Visa application process. The courier services may include sending and receiving documents to and from the U.S. Consular Section.

An automated email is sent as soon as the courier assigns a tracking number to any shipment associated with the Visa application. Once a tracking number is assigned to a shipment, the status of the documents can be followed using this website, our interactive voice (IVR) solution, or the courier's web site.

Courier-Return Service

All relevant Visa documents will be returned using the selected service (i.e. pick up at point-of-service location or delivery address).

Note: Each application for a U.S. visa is unique. Information regarding how long the U.S. Consular Section adjudication process cannot be provided by this service. Once the U.S. Consular Section turns over the Visa documents to the courier, it takes up to 3 business days for the documents to be ready for pick up or delivery.

Document Return Service using a Pick Up Location

Applicants are notified by email when visa documents are ready for pick-up at a courier return facility.

In order to recover their documents, applicants retrieving their personal documents must provide:

1. Waybill number
  2. Official identification (e.g. Driver’s License, Birth Certificate, Medical Card, etc)

If a third party is picking up the documents, the individual must provide ID as mentioned above and the waybill number of the shipment that is being picked up.

Any passports not retrieved within 30 days will be returned to the originating Consular Section.

Document Delivery Service to an address within Canada

An applicant may request that his or her passport be delivered to an address within Canada by following the procedure below.

Step 1: Once the waybill number appears on the Applicant Summary, the applicant has to send an e-mail to csc@loomis-express.com and provide the following information for each applicant:

• Applicant full name (as written in the passport and visa application)
  • Waybill number
  • Daytime phone number
  • Full address in Canada (ONLY)
  • Special instructions (i.e. leave at reception, leave on 3rd floor suite 100, etc., additional contact information)

Step 2: Loomis will call applicant within 2 business days to arrange payment. The costs for each shipment will depend on whether the package needs to be shipped within the same province or it is a national shipment.

• Same Province: $18.84 + Taxes
  • National: $20.55 + Taxes

Step 3: Once the payment transaction is complete, Loomis will send the documents to the address defined by the applicant at step 1.

NOTE: If the applicant declines charges or Loomis cannot collect the charge, the passport will be delivered to the Loomis location initially selected by the applicant at no cost.

DISCLAIMER:

• Loomis will make two delivery attempts during regular business hours (9:00 -18:00). If the two attempts fail, Loomis will send the passport back to the branch location originally selected.
  • Loomis will leave package with anyone who answers the door at the requested address and signs for it.
  • Loomis will require the signature of the package and will not leave the document at the address if nobody is there to sign for it.
  • If Loomis is unable to deliver the passport after two attempts, but the applicant still requires the passport to be delivered at a specific address, a new service request starting with Step 1 and new transaction payment will be required.
  • Documents will be delivered within the next two (2) business days of having completed the payment.
  • Service fees are nonrefundable.
  • This service does not provide for delivery outside of Canada.
  • The following terms and conditions apply:
    http://www.loomisexpress.com/ca/wfServiceTermsConditions.aspx
Courier-Send Service

There are several scenarios in the Visa application process that may allow an applicant to provide documentation in support of the application without the need to appear in person at the Consular Section. Instructions on how to print a Courier-In Authorization Certificate will be provided when one of these scenarios occurs during appointment scheduling through this website. The Courier-In Authorization Certificate allows an applicant to send documents using the courier, free of charge, to the U.S. Consular Section.

Courier Locations

If these drop-box locations are not convenient, you may use a courier of choice and at your expense to send the documents to the Consular Section.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.