bcgb

Question about documentation requirements for BKK embassy

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller. Got my NOA 2 and my Fiancee got the letter from the embassy in BKK. Couple questions about the process.

1. I'm a USC and live in the states. For the I-134 form, I got a letter from my employer and my last W2 as well as bank statement stating how much I have there (well in excess of the poverty thresholds). The packet states that she should submit a 1040. Is that the case or am I good to go?

2. She needs to get a police report from Australia where she studied for a year. Do we have to wait till that's in hand or should we submit the paperwork and perhaps the receipt that it's in process assuming we have every other requirement completed?

Reason why I ask is that there's another thread out there where people submitted the paperwork without the Thai police report whereas I'm wondering about the Aussie one which is more difficult to acquire than the Thai one as she's obviously in Thailand and not Australia right now.

I'm helping her follow the packet 3 instructions closely. Is there anything else that we should know as we begin this process with the Bangkok embassy?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Long time listener, first time caller. Got my NOA 2 and my Fiancee got the letter from the embassy in BKK. Couple questions about the process.

1. I'm a USC and live in the states. For the I-134 form, I got a letter from my employer and my last W2 as well as bank statement stating how much I have there (well in excess of the poverty thresholds). The packet states that she should submit a 1040. Is that the case or am I good to go?

2. She needs to get a police report from Australia where she studied for a year. Do we have to wait till that's in hand or should we submit the paperwork and perhaps the receipt that it's in process assuming we have every other requirement completed?

Reason why I ask is that there's another thread out there where people submitted the paperwork without the Thai police report whereas I'm wondering about the Aussie one which is more difficult to acquire than the Thai one as she's obviously in Thailand and not Australia right now.

I'm helping her follow the packet 3 instructions closely. Is there anything else that we should know as we begin this process with the Bangkok embassy?

Thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

If a 1040 is used then all supporting docs should be included. Better to use transcript for at least one year from the IRS for free at IRS office or by mail. You could fax a copy later.

She can submit P 3 anytime after you are certain the case is in BKK. If something is missing she can alert them she will hand carry it on interview day. Submission of P 3 triggers interview date selection.

Cases submitted with missing docs will be placed in A P or denied depending on the circumstances & a 221 G will be issued with instructions.

Do not believe that any case will or was approved without these police reports unless there was an allowance made for some that simply do not issue them. Such as the USA. She must get them both. The Thai report takes a few weeks & requires a small fee if done by the procedures.

All I know about the Aussie stuff is what I have seen right here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Awesome. Thanks for the follow-up. I'm thinking that we can send in the proof that we made the request to the Aussies with a cover letter to explain that she is awaiting receipt of the Aussie police certificate with the promise to bring the original one for the interview.

Does that sound plausible?

I think we're good with the Aussie requirements at this point, more concerned about what the embassy is going to like to see.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Awesome. Thanks for the follow-up. I'm thinking that we can send in the proof that we made the request to the Aussies with a cover letter to explain that she is awaiting receipt of the Aussie police certificate with the promise to bring the original one for the interview.

Does that sound plausible?

I think we're good with the Aussie requirements at this point, more concerned about what the embassy is going to like to see.

You can do it that way because they really dont care as long as the file is complete but until it is there will be no issuance fo the visa. Informing them is fine as long as there is a gentle push for an interview date with the assurance she will present it. Not doing so will result in a 221 G with instruction to submit at any time within a year. Usually once the doc is sent & joined to the file takes about 3 to 4 weeks but I have seen sooner & later. In these summer months they are very busy .

Believe me they see this at times with these Aussie cases but I have never seen a case that was denied in the end because each gave them what they required. It just took a little longer.

All you can do is the best you can just as you are here & that will result in a visa in the end.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.