Abenabonady

K-1 Visa - Ghana Success Stories? [edited title]

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Yaoadjo

One way tickets are always expensive. I suggest you look at kayak. There is an app for it on iPhone and android. They have a very way of searching for cheap ticket on any airline. Best of luck

I bought the ticket last week through Kayak, for the price and flight duration i bought Royal Air Maroc, but i'm hearing a lot of horrible stories about the airline, reading reviews online isnt helping either. Emirates was $50 cheaper but 10hours more. I'm hoping her flight does not have any delays, i've been tracking Royal Air Maroc flights daily now and they seem to arrive 10-25mins before their scheduled arrival time so that sounds good.

Timeline

I bought the ticket last week through Kayak, for the price and flight duration i bought Royal Air Maroc, but i'm hearing a lot of horrible stories about the airline, reading reviews online isnt helping either. Emirates was $50 cheaper but 10hours more. I'm hoping her flight does not have any delays, i've been tracking Royal Air Maroc flights daily now and they seem to arrive 10-25mins before their scheduled arrival time so that sounds good.

Well, all i do before taking any flight is to pray. Don't worry you both will have a safe flight.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Main problems seems to arise through limited face time. How much time have you spent together?

In addition to face time, family is very important as well. Do you have pics with his family? Did you meet them? In my case, I believe we had many red flags but we were approved for K1, and we had the toughest IO for our interview, which I didn't know at the time thank goodness. Theres a recent thread about this embassy, and this particular IO.

Main problems seems to arise through limited face time. How much time have you spent together?

In addition to face time, family is very important as well. Do you have pics with his family? Did you meet them? In my case, I believe we had many red flags but we were approved for K1, and we had the toughest IO for our interview, which I didn't know at the time thank goodness. Theres a recent thread about this embassy, and this particular IO.

Timeline

Hello everyone, I am a new member of VJ and I must say I have learnt a lot in the few days that I have been reading members postings. I will be embarking on this journey soon. My fiancé lives in Ghana while I live in the US. I would love to know if there are any success stories of members that went through the Ghana consulate because most of the stories I have read so far are all denials. I am hoping to learn from others experiences. Thank you so much as you respond. It will be much appreciated. PS. My fiancé and I have both been married before, we have a one year age difference between the two of us( I am 30 and he is 31), he was denied a student visa to the US 2years ago and we have been engaged since January of 2015. My divorce became final in May of 2015. I am also planning to go visit him again this month for couple of days.Thank you all so much.

Our story was successful, although at times i did lose faith. I'm a worry wart and my now husband would get so upset with me. We had red flags, I was recently divorced (Feb 2013), visited him the first time (March 2013). 5 year age difference, different races, he had a 3 month old son at the time we met (who was approved for a K2 along with his K1). I had 2 visits when we filed, each for 2 weeks, I also attended the interview. He had also been denied a b2 visa prior to me going to Ghana for the 1st time. I truly think with this embassy, you need to provide lots of evidence upfront. My husband said he felt like they has already made up their mind when they called him to the window for the interview, meaning they had reviewed all our stuff ahead of time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.