MrsBruce5

London Interview/Medical Exam in Scotland or London?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi,

My husband and I are at the NVC stage just now of our CR1- we just sent back our DS-3032, and AOS bill.

He will be having his interview in London- however, he resides in Aberdeen, Scotland and will be there until he moves over to New York.

Will he have to go to London prior to the interview for his medical? Or do they schedule that within a day or two of the interview?

I have heard of different experiences regarding this, and I am not quite sure how this will be sorted...

Will the medical be handled in Scotland, or London???

Thanks !

-Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Hi,

My husband and I are at the NVC stage just now of our CR1- we just sent back our DS-3032, and AOS bill.

He will be having his interview in London- however, he resides in Aberdeen, Scotland and will be there until he moves over to New York.

Will he have to go to London prior to the interview for his medical? Or do they schedule that within a day or two of the interview?

I have heard of different experiences regarding this, and I am not quite sure how this will be sorted...

Will the medical be handled in Scotland, or London???

Thanks !

-Rose

The London Embassy has changed its procedure regarding the medical examination required for immigrant visa applicants. The Embassy no longer books the examination and schedules it for the same day as the immigrant visa interview. Applicants must book their own appointments and ensure that the results of the medical tests are available by the time of the immigrant visa interview. Appointments are scheduled by calling from within the UK 020 7584 9458, Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The medical examination is now held at Knightsbridge Doctors in London. The cost for the medical examination is £160 for applicants aged 15 and over and £80 if under the age of 15. Payment by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only), debit card or in cash must be made at the time of the examination. The Embassy advises that applicants’ examination reports and X-rays are couriered to the Embassy within two working days after the examination.

http://www.usvisalawyers.co.uk/whatsnew.htm

Timeline

Hello, and Thank you for the info...

The information I got was a while ago, reagrding that they performed them on the same day-months ago, in fact and from another forum that I used to belong to before I found this one. :D

Can he simply book the appointment, or does he wait to hear from NVC to do so?

-Rose

-Yeats

Filed: Other Timeline

Well I was referring to scy's post when I said the info was incorrect.

Back late 2004 - early 2005 the interview and medical were performed on the same day. That changed March 2005 while Nuffield was the provider. Now Knightsbridge is the provider, but I am 99% certain that the two things are still done on separate days.

I think if he has his LND number the medical can be booked. Why don't you post this question in the London Interviews thread in this forum and see what answer you get. We were K1 and I don't want to give you the wrong answer. I know CR1 stuff is different sometimes.

Edited by rebeccajo

Timeline

Thanks a million Rebecca !

I will do that !

Have a lovely night (what's left of it !) :lol:

Cheers !

-Rose

-Yeats

Well I was referring to scy's post when I said the info was incorrect.

Back late 2004 - early 2005 the interview and medical were performed on the same day. That changed March 2005 while Nuffield was the provider. Now Knightsbridge is the provider, but I am 99% certain that the two things are still done on separate days.

"The Embassy no longer books the examination and schedules it for the same day as the immigrant visa interview. Applicants must book their own appointments and ensure that the results of the medical tests are available by the time of the immigrant visa interview."

How is this incorrect again? It clearly says the embassy do not book the medical appointment for the same day as the interview. The applicant calls Knightsbridge Doctors and book their own appointment on any day prior to the interview.

• 9 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

My fiancé had her interview February 2nd 2015 and after reading about the medical and interview being on two separate days I emailed the embassy using their contact form and told them she would be coming from Scotland and why they couldn't be done on the same day.

So I was able to get it arranged that once she booked her medical which has to be booked as an afternoon appointment she email the embassy and let them know that she has it booked, and they will do her interview that morning. So you'll need to go to London the night before. If I can be of any further assistance,

pmedic_80@yahoo.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.