Jump to content

Change name in passport

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

i am already married to my US citizen fiancée,my question is when will i change my name in my passport with my married name?can i still use my passport for it is just newly renewed with my maiden name on it?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

i think you can use it, you just have to book your flight ticket in your maiden name and then travel with you GC and marriage certificate.

2012: met the woman of my life :wub:

June 2014: filed I-129F

May 2015: visa in hand - got married (L)

June 2015: filed I-485 and I-765

October 2015: EAD

November 2015: Potential Interview Waiver Notice

February 2016: AOS Case transferred to San Francisco office

March 2016: GC in hand (no interview)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.