LionessDeon

One year ban lifted early.

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks everyone! A weight has been lifted off my shoulders for sure.

Jawaree is correct. I think VJers don't post much about it for fear of being looked down on and judged. It was hard to find any recent info to help us understand what was going on and how the embassy handles this. I hope I can help others and let them know that they're not alone!

Filed: Timeline

Hello

I may be facing a similar dilemma. How soon did they lift the ban and it is really necessary to hire a attorney for the waiver

Cases seem similar but can be different, the 221 G states exactly what waiver/s

is needed, for a simple overstay, if a good writer one can chance it, however substances

or crimes is NEVER a DIY project, a good waiver exp. atty is needed on inadmissibilities

Edited by Jawaree

• 1 year later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, majohn216 said:

Lioness,

They didn't mention a waiver to me n my husband. They jus said he was banned 1 yr for admission. Should I file a waiver?

No remember we talked. You don't have to worry about that. Our waiver was a whole separate issue. 

Timeline

You can go to their website and complete the consent form. But for now there's not gonna be a whole lot they can do. Further down the line like summer time if you have any trouble getting your eligibility date from the embassy they may be able to help.  

• 10 months later...

Who was your lawyer I had my exam today and admitted to using when I was 15 for 6 months I am now 22 I am freaking out I have my appointment in 2 days will I get banned? I said no when asked if I was an abuser or addict because I never considered myself to be I havent done drugs since 

Edited by Jbriones23

Who was your lawyer I had my exam today and admitted to using when I was 15 for 6 months I am now 22 I am freaking out I have my appointment in 2 days will I get banned? I said no when asked if I was an abuser or addict because I never considered myself to be I havent done drugs since 

please respond on this comment I did not turn on notifications for the other

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jbriones23 said:

They might ban u for 1 yr..after that u will do ur medical n interview again.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.