7 posts in this topic

My I-129 F was approved in the 23rd of March but I have yet to hear anything about an interview date from the Consulate in London. Has anyone else experienced such a delay? Our immigration lawyer has said today she has filed a "claim" to the NVC. What does that even mean? Can anyone clarify/enlighten/soothe my fears? Does this mean something is wrong??

That delay is way too long. I don't know if it is the lawyer who isn't informing you or if your case needs chasing down. Normally the petitioner would have received a letter from the NVC and the beneficiary would have received a letter of instruction from London telling the next steps to follow before you can get an interview date.

No idea what the lawyer means by a claim. I guess he means a request to find the whereabouts of your case. Wonder why he wasn't on this two months ago.. You can ring the NVC yourself and find out if and when they received your case from TSC. It should have been in April.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Yes. I located a letter from the Embassy dated back in April stating they had received the approved petition and to await a letter regarding an appointment date. But I never received that letter. I asked my lawyer and she just kept telling me that we were waiting for a "package" with instructions from somewhere. I am beyond confused. And I can't even make a medical appointment without an interview letter from the embassy... I'm just lost and frustrated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For the london medical you won't get an interview date and letter before you've done the medical.

The letter comes once you've done the medical and submitted your ds160 and readiness form.

All you need is the police certificate, your vaccination records and a letter from nvc showing your case number or your packet three

did you receive the instructions from london?

Date Filed : November 12th

NOA : November 16th

Biometrics : December 7th

Approved EAD&AP : January 29th

Card Mailed : February 2nd
Received Card : February 5th

This is just killing me. This isn't what the lawyer instructed me to do and I've been putting off the medical for that reason... I can't believe this... The lawyer also holds the originals to my police records since she insisted I send them to her.

Yes. I located a letter from the Embassy dated back in April stating they had received the approved petition and to await a letter regarding an appointment date. But I never received that letter. I asked my lawyer and she just kept telling me that we were waiting for a "package" with instructions from somewhere. I am beyond confused. And I can't even make a medical appointment without an interview letter from the embassy... I'm just lost and frustrated.

You say you located a letter from the embassy. That was your "package". It gave you the embassy website URL where you would find their instructions as well as the forms. Did you read that and go to the online instructions? It is all laid out Step 1, Step 2, etc. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv/fiance_instructions.html

Near the top of your website instruction page, it says:

Please note that the interview will not be scheduled until you have completed Steps 1 - 4 and the Immigrant Visa Unit is in receipt of the medical examination.

You do not need an appointment letter for the medical. In fact, as a K1 you are not even in the queue to get assigned an interview until the embassy receives the medical results. (Stated on your K1 instruction web page.) You need to know your LNDxxxxxxx case number to make the appointment. You need to take your shot record and police certificate to the medical appointment.

This is just killing me. This isn't what the lawyer instructed me to do and I've been putting off the medical for that reason... I can't believe this... The lawyer also holds the originals to my police records since she insisted I send them to her.

Your lawyer does not know the London K1 process and has delayed you several months. The medical people will be fine with a photocopy of the police certificate. You need all your originals in hand by interview time so get them back from the lawyer. That includes police certificate, birth certificate, any divorce decree, name change, Form I-134 affidavit of support with proof of income, etc. There is a link to the required documents on the embassy web page in Step 2 of the instructions. You take those to the interview.

One last thing, the I-129F petition approval notice received by the US fiancé has an expiration date on it. It is good for four months, so the petition will expire around July 28. The London letter says if you haven't completed the process (interviewed) by that date then the embassy will need a new letter of intent from the US fiancé brought to the interview in order to revalidate an expired petition. There is NO way you will have an interview by the end of July, so US fiancé needs to get a new letter of intent in the mail to,the UK fiancé.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Honestly i would ignore what your lawyer is telling you they've cleared screwed you over here.

But for now ring up the medical office on monday morning and try and get an appointment asap they usually have something within two weeks so that way you're not waiting around longer!

Also id get your original back off them asap you'll need it, soon i hope :)

Date Filed : November 12th

NOA : November 16th

Biometrics : December 7th

Approved EAD&AP : January 29th

Card Mailed : February 2nd
Received Card : February 5th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.