canuckmoran

Final Preparations - Interview June 30th

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good afternoon everyone.

Sitting aside the "glitch" with the US Embassies and Consulates, I am very nervous/excited about getting this process over and done with. As you can tell you by my topic title, my interview in Montreal for the IR-1/CR-1 Visa is scheduled for Tuesday, June 30th at 10am. I wanted to get some opinions on if the paperwork I/we have is enough. Basically, my wife (USC and Petitioner) has lived with me in Canada for four years, but as of June 1st has moved back to US and is working, so this should give some context of our paperwork.

Folder 1:

Interview Letter

Loomis Letter

Passport Photos

Folder 2:

Original Civil documents (Police certification, marriage certificate, birth certficate - long and short, passport, etc) - we did EP so everything was scanned.

Medicals

Original I-864 and resubmitted I-864 due to checklist

Updated I-864 with my wife's new job, income, and address

US Tax Returns 2013 and 2014

Canadian Tax Returns 2013 and 2014

Folder 3: Proof re-establishing domicile folder

Letter confirming Employment

Utility bill (Verizon phone contract)

Mail from bank

Colour copy of new drivers license

Lease

Possibly bank statement and/or paystub - if we get it in time.

In theory I think I am good, but any insight would be appreciated. Also one question; should I stand in line at 9:30am or get there as early as possible?

Thanks,

USCIS
July 15/2014 - I-130 Fedex to Chicago Lockbox
July 20/2014 - Received email confirming docs sent to CSC
July 23/2014 - Received NOA1 via snail mail
Aug 25/2014 - USCIS approved Petition
Sept 2/2014 - Rec'vd copy of NOA2 - file sent to NVC
NVC
Oct 09/2014 - Rec'vd welcome letter from NVC with Case number.
Oct 10/2014 - Filled in DS-261 form
Oct 18/2014 - Paid AOS fees
Dec 24/2014 - Paid IV Fee
Dec 31/2014 - Competed and scanned DS-260 form (not sent).
Feb 4/2015 - Emailed AOS and IV packages and now the waiting begins. (Scan Date)
Mar 4/2015 - Rec'vd 60 Day Letter
Apr 1/2015 - Rec'vd Checklist (did not include preparers page) Waiting for updated I-864 papers.
Apr 6/2015 - Resent I864 (AOS) Checklist via EP. Now waiting again!!!!
Apr 16/2015 - Rec'vd 60-day notice email - alot quicker than last time.
Apr 27/2015 - Rec'vd confirmation from NVC we have a CC.
Montreal
May 07/2015 - Rec'vd P4 email providing interview date and requirements
May 21st/2015 - Medicals w/ Dr. Lyndon
June 30/2015 - Interview Date
June 30/2015 - Approved
July 7th/2015 - Received Passport and Documents
July 17th/2015 - Cross POE
July 28th/2015 - Receive SSN
xxxxx/2015 - Receive GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.