Jump to content

Contacting the NVC

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. I am new here, and was hoping someone could please help clear up something for my spouse and I. We are now working on the I-864 and collecting the supporting civil documents. Next month will be 1 year since our I130 petition was approved. I know we are supposed to contact the NVC before one year passes, in order to keep our case active. I've read various examples on different sites as to what counts as contacting the NVC.. Does paying fees count as contact? Or completing a step (such as DS-260 and DS-261). I've emailed the NVC to ask questions concerning the visa process, so are we safe? Do I need to call or send a letter by mail? Any advice would be much appreciated, as we have been confused over this for a long time now (and cannot find the answer!) thank you in advance!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.