BC_Ed

Getting Frustrated - DS-3032 and AOS bill questions

6 posts in this topic

Timeline

We have a file number from the NVC. In no time we were on the automated phone system and heard they had sent me the DS-3032 and my wife the DS-3032 and the AOS Bill. I got mine last Monday, she still has received nothing. Mine has gone back (I couriered it) and they have indicated receipt (automated phone message).

I think I will go the self generated route for the bar code and AOS bill.

Couple of questions though.

1. Does my wife have to fill out a DS-3032 also or is this just sent to her for convenience or information?

2.If she does, can we use a photocopy of my DS-3032 for her to fill in (is it the same)? It came with my name pre-filled in at the top.

3. Would hers have her name or my name pre-filled in? (Obviously she is not an immigrant applicant so I assume it is mine if the form has to go in at all.)

4. Does anyone have a mailing address for St. Louis for the IV bill? From Canada, I would prefer to courier this out to cut time (I have lost a week already). Courier will not accept a post office box from Canada.

Sorry about the questions but what the hey, you can't shoot me for asking.

Thanks,

Ed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope only one DS3032 needed from the immigrant.

Address for IV Fee bill, last I checked almost a year ago was

National Visa Center

P.O. Box 952201

St Louis MO

63195-2201

Now, you cant courier to a PO box so best you can do is US express post. (4 Days) If you sent the DS3032 in allready and named your wife the agent, they will mail it to her in the US and not you. Odd your wife did not get the DS3032, has she moved?

Edited by cmartyn

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Timeline

Hi,

Thanks cmartyn.

No, she hasn't moved. She is living in Canada with me and has been for three years. That is the issue for me. I cannot use USPS here. I looked on line and think I found an address for several other purposes at

Department of State

1005 Convention Plaza

St. Louis, MO 63101

As I said it was listed for other purposes (multiple times with different box numbers). I will phone the NVC in the morning and see if they can verify for me.

Thanks for the clarification on the DS-3032. It didn't seem to make any sense she would fill one out.

Ed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was talking Canada post US Express post service. Thats about 4 days. You can try your luck with Fedexing it to a real building but for the three days it will save, I dunno..

IR1

April 14, 2004 I-130 NOA1

April 25, 2005 IR1 Received

April 26, 2005 POE Dorval Airport

May 13, 2005 Welcome to America Letters Received

May 21, 2005 PR Card in Mail

May 26, 2005 Applied for SSN at local office

June 06, 2005 SSN Received

June 11, 2005 Driver Licence Issued!

June 20, 2005 Deb gets a Check Card! Just like Donald Trump's!

Citizenship

Jan 30, 2008 N400 Mailed off to the VSC!

Feb 2, 2008 N400 Received at VSC

Feb 6, 2008 Check Cashed!

Feb 13, 2008 NOA1 Received

Feb 15, 2008 Fingerprint letter received. (Feb 26th scheduled)

Feb 18, 2008 Mailed out the old Please Reschedule us for Biometics <sigh>...

Feb 27, 2008 Received the new scheduled biometrics.

Mar 15, 2008 Biometrics Rescheduled.

Sep 18, 2008 Interview Letter Recieved.

Nov 11, 2008 Interview Passed :-).

Nov 14, 2008 Oath Cerimony.

Filed: Other Timeline

You might want to call the NVC if you haven't recieved forms you're expecting in the mail. We were waiting on the I-864 packet which seemed to be taking ages..we got in touch with them and they promptly re-sent the packet which we recieved a week later. (this is of course only necessary if you're sure you need the form in the first place). Does Canadian post have some kind of express air mail or surface mail to the USA? We sent our fee bill payments to the US po box (St Louis) address without a problem using an express airmail service. I wouldn't reccomend sending your payment to anywhere other than the official address they give you, it might cause even further delays.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.