Nolabound

NVC Checklist AOS - confused

1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

We received a checklist last night stating that :

You still need to pay the Immigrant Visa Fee. You can pay the fee online at ceac.state.gov/iv. You will need the following information to pay the fee online:

If you are unable to pay online, you must submit your fee using the alternative payment option by submitting a cashier's check or money order. For alternative payment instructions, please visit our website at http://nvc.state.gov.

WE PAID OUR IV FEE ON JUNE 10, 2015.

It also states that:

The National Visa Center (NVC) recently reviewed your I-864 Affidavit of Support form. The Affidavit of Support form had one or more sections with missing or incorrect information or was missing required supporting documents, or both.

Please review the instructions below to complete a new Affidavit of Support form or to obtain the missing supporting documents. Send the corrected Affidavit of Support form or original documents that are missing to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the immigrant visa interview. You should also send photocopies of the Affidavit of Support form to the principal applicant for each traveling family member to take to the visa interview. Failure to take the original documents and copies for each traveling family member to the visa interview can cause processing delays. The Consular Officer will review the corrected form and documents at the time of the interview.

You do not need to contact the NVC at this time. Also, do not send an updated I-864 Affidavit of Support form or documents to the NVC. After we schedule the immigrant visa interview, we will send you an appointment letter.

[x] You must submit the following supporting financial evidence:

[x] If you were not required to file a federal income tax return under U.S. tax law, attach a written statement indicating why you did not file 2014 federal income tax returns.

[x] Your 2014 IRS transcript from the most recent tax year. You can get a transcript on the IRS' website:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/order-a-transcript. If you cannot get an IRS trasnscript, please send a photocopy of your federal individual income tax return. If you provide a photocopy, you must include a copy of every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your return(s).

WHEN WE SENT IN OUR AOS PACKAGE WITH OUR IV PACKAGE - MY HUSBAND WROTE A LETTER WITH IT STATING WHY DOESN'T FILE TAXES - DUE TO COLLECTING WORKERS COMPENSATION BENEFITS AS WELL AS DISABILITY BENEFITS.

I SPOKE WITH NVC LAST NIGHT AND THE GENTLEMAN I SPOKE TO STATED THAT IT MAY TAKE A BIT FOR THE IV FEE TO COMPLETELY REGISTER GIVEN THE COMPUTER ISSUES THEY HAVE HAD, AND TO JUST BRING ALL THE EVIDENCE WITH MYSELF TO MY INTERVIEW, THAT NOTHING NEEDS TO BE SENT TO NVC AT THIS TIME - OR AT ALL.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage (if applicable): 2014/10/04

I-130 Sent : 2014-11-04

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-11-12

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-26

NVC Received : 2015-04-14

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-04-23

Send AOS Package : 2015-05-15

Submit DS-261 : 2015-04-23

Receive IV Bill : 2015-05-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-06-10

Send IV Package : 2015-05-15

Completed DS-260: 2015-06-11

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :2015-08-27

Case Completed at NVC : 2015-07-15

Interview Date : September 24, 2015

Interview Result : Administrative Processing

Visa Received : October 15, 2015

US Entry : November 11, 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.