Jump to content

I-192 or I- 212

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello my name is Sarah,

I have question about applying to enter the United States. I am now a Canadian citizen, but in May 2007, I, along with my son who was a minor throughout our time in the states, applied for asylum there. Our claim was dismissed, we then appealed our removal and the appeal was dismissed in November 2008. We remained in the states until the end of March 2009 at which time we left for Canada.

I would now like to travel to the United States (haven’t been there since we left in 2009), but I believe that I and my son may need a waiver to do so because we were the subject of removal proceedings. I am hoping that someone can help me determine what type of waiver we need. After doing some research I am led to believe that we need an I-212 waiver and/or an I-192 waiver. Also, as my son was a minor throughout our time in the states, does he have to apply for one as well? Any assistance anyone can offer, that will point me in the right direction will be much appreciated.

Thank- you :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.