l&z&v

hi am new here

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi am new here and am happy come and post some stuff that i realy need to know.

i went to us a by k1 vis an di had to return befor e i apply for adjustment of statue so right now am in my contry..

me and my w ife are already married so she will come here in march and we thinkin about applyin for cr-1 before she come i went on site and i found a lot of information that i realy dont understand..here is some

Sends Form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent (../visa/frvi_forms.html ) to the applicant (your spouse). The applicant selects an agent. The agent can be anyone, including the applicant. The NVC will mail all future letters (except for the Affidavit of Support, Form I-864) about processing the immigrant visa case to the agent. Make sure the postal address is correct and is kept up-to-date

who is that agent and what they mean by agent here?

Sends the bill for immigrant visa (IV) processing fee to the agent after the applicant sends form DS-3032 Choice of Address and Agent, to the NVC ????

Evidence of financial support. A completed Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from petitioner/ sponsor is required??

who should have that financial supprt me or my wife in usa???

and i need know exemple of that financial suppprt plz???

and i need also know how much all cost and how long it take and its will be great leasur if u give memore info from ur experience thnx you soooooooooo much

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi. The "Agent of Choice" form is just to tell them where you want them to send information. It`s usually best to use an address in the US or some other place that has dependable mail service and best to use someone who you don`t expect to move because things can get lost if you change the address. The "Agent" is usually either the petitioner or a lawyer. You can use your spouse`s name and another person`s address (like one of her relatives) if that makes it easier.

On the I-864, someone has to take responsibility for the immigrant. That`s the "sponsor". The idea is to prevent the immigrant from needing financial support from the government later on. Usually the sponsor is the USC or LPR who is bringing the immigrant to the US, but it can be someone else if necessary. On the I-864, the sponsor has to show proof of income (usually tax forms) or assets (stocks, realestate, a big bank account, etc). If one person can`t do it, there is a way to use the income or assets from two or more people, but only one of them will actually be held responsible for the immigrant.

The time it takes and what it costs depends A LOT on your situation- where you are, what visa, using a lawyer or doing it yourself, any legal problems, etc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

the information you are discussing will all come much later. The first thing that must be filed, whichever route you decide to take, is form I-130.

If your priority is to be together as soon as possible and you are not concerned about delays in being able to work and additional fees for Adjustment of Status in the U.S., then you can also file a I-129F once you receive your receipt notice (NOA1) for the I-130 petition.

Please read the GUIDES on this site which discuss these two options.

Good luck.

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.