Ben&Sara

National police check for k-1 (Australia)

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

So, unfortunately I haven't allowed enough time to get the fingerprint based check, however I have enough time for the non fingerprint based check.

My interview is July 28, I read on travel.state.gov this under the Australian section of the page:

"National Police Certificates based on fingerprints are preferred, but a certificate not based on fingerprints is acceptable if it shows all aliases ever used."

I'm a young male, with no previous aliases and no criminal record. The fingerprint based certificate takes approximately 30 WORKING days, I have 37 total days to have in hand. The non fingerprint based certificate takes approximately 15 working days, leaving me plenty of time.

My question is, will they ask for my fingerprint check or will the accept the non fingerprint check?

I know it says it in writing on travel.state.gov, but we all know that the government can be weird sometimes.

Thanks in advance.

Benjamin and Sara.

Timeline

hi there

We are wondering the same thing

I am booked in on 25th to have fingerprints done in Perth and then post them to AFP and wait for a long 30 working days...

I read the same thing about not needing fingerprints done as long as you list any alias names on the form

can you please let me know if you found an answer to which one is the best

and good luck at your interview

Timeline

I also had the same question and I emailed the consulate and they said you need to get the full fingerprint check as it is a requirement. You might need to ring the AFP and tell them its urgent for immigration purposes.

Goodluck ;)

Timeline

I also had the same question and I emailed the consulate and they said you need to get the full fingerprint check as it is a requirement. You might need to ring the AFP and tell them its urgent for immigration purposes.

Goodluck ;)

thank you...I also emailed them last night but haven't received a reply..Im going to play it safe and keep my fingerprint apptment Thursday in Perth

Timeline

Goodluck ;)

That's just great....

The afp won't speed it up, therefor it won't be done. Great.

Timeline

I wouldn't worry about the projected time. I put mine in on the 9th it was received and money taken out on the 11th and got an email on the 17th that it was all done and they were posting it out to me. A grand total of about two weeks.

I took the AFP form to one of the bigger police stations (Holden Hill) and they took my prints and certified the form within about half an hour. It cost me 120$ to get the prints done. Then the police check is 99$ that they charge to your card when they receive your form.

From what I understand you can go to your interview without the police check completed. They will just give you tentative approval and you post it in once you have it, then they'll issue your visa. Save yourself the hassle and do the fingerprint check from the beginning.

K1 Timeline
10/14/2013 - Met through work
03/05/2015 - Got Engaged
04/06/2015 - I-129F packet sent via FedEx - in transit in TN
04/08/2015 - I-129F packet received at Lockbox
04/10/2015 - text and email received sent to California Service Centre

04/13/2015 - NOA1
04/13/2015 - Check cashed!

04/15/2015 - NOA1 hardcopy received

05/13/2015 - NOA2!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.