Dean_De

Immigrant Data Summary

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our minor children's immigrant data summary shows our old address ( we've send a letter to the Consul who interviewed our children - my Mom hand it to him and she said they accepted the DS-260 which shows what needs to be updated and the consul told her that they've updated what needs update ) they kept the letter and the DS-260, so as the updated AOS and other document ).

So, when the kids received the visa packet, they noticed that:

1. Final Address in the US > still has our old address

2. Occupation > Confusing, I don't know who the OCCUPATION is it for, the children or petitioner? Reason is, my daughters Immigrant data summary shows Occupation: Minor under 18 and my son has Occupation: Unemployed or Retired :no:

My husband is a retired US Navy but still is employed.

I called the USEM and they told me to just have the Immigration Officer at POE make the changes. I asked them about the Occupation thing but it turns out like they don't know have any idea too.

Question:

1. Since we in the DS 260, we chose that the SSN be processed together with the Greencard ( what i mean is that we will just wait for the SSN ), can we just go the the Social security and apply for the SSN or do we have to have to wait and just keep an eye if they'll mail the SSN to our current address? If we have to wait, how long should we wait before doing something - if ever the SSN card wont arrive.

2. Does anybody know who's OCCUPATION are they referring to? Children or Petitioner?

3. Do we have to have them correct also the occupation thing?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.