ufc_cat

money order question in Japan..need mailing address

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have question about the money order i have to send to pay for I-130. In japan i can get a money order from the post office but i need to have an address but i dont see one for the dept of homeland security. I dont have checks because they were not used in Japan. Does anyone their address??

***other questions***

Does my copy of my passport and my spouses need to be color copies? or is B & W ok???

G-325-A File A (do i leave this blank for me and my spouse??)

Alien registration number?? I assume me NONE for me since im a USC.My spouse came to US once on as a visitor. So, i think she might have an alien registration number.Can you have one coming on a visitor visa??

Do i need a notarized copy of translated marriage cert?? Or can my wife just make a certified doc(that she signs and dates) stating she can translate it + a the japanese cert and the english translated cert????

additional proof of this relationship. I plan to send a copy of our apartment lease.It has both our names and we have lived at this place for over 2 years.Do you think this is enough??

Cover letter,

Should i say "I am filing this petition on behalf of my spouse who wants to move the US with me.This is for a k3 visa.Do i need to inclide anything else??

i hope someone can answer these questions for me.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For the money order can't you just use the address that you will be submitting the forms to? Or will they not cash it if the address doesn't match or something?

I think that visitor visas don't usually receive an A number, but I guess your wife can check in her passport to see... I'm not sure about this.

At this point you don't need a notarized copy of the marriage certificate, but I would think it would be better to have someone else certify the translation just to have a neutral person do it... but anyone who can translate should be fine.

The lease sounds like good evidence, I'm not sure what else people are sending... but the affidavit from a mutual friend sounded like a good one to me too.

For the cover letter, I used the example in the guides for the I129F.

You are filing the I130 now right? That form alone is not for a K3 visa, I would just put I-130 Petition for Spouse or something like that.

Good luck.

Sandy

Michael's I-130:

NOA1: 5-10-2006----updated w/ citizenship: 9-25-06----had to call back 10/25, touch 10/26

12/06/06 - Approved!- - - 12/08/06 - Touch---01/25/07 - Touch

I130 at NVC

12/14/06 - case number assigned

12/25/06 - DS3032 & AOS Fee Bill Mailed (phone system updated 12/27)

12/27/06 - emailed choice of agent; 12/29/06 - received email from NVC confirming choice of agent!

01/01/07 - NVC generated IV Fee Bill (postmarked 1/17 though!)

01/03/07 - returned AoS Fee Bill via Priority Mail (James' shortcut)

01/15/07 - NVC generated AOS package

01/22/07 - received IV Fee Bill - overnighted back to NVC same day

01/27/07 - recieved I864 package; 01/29/07 - overnighted I864 to NVC

01/29/07 - DS230 generated (phone system not updated, email response 2/5/07)

02/05/07 - mailed DS-230 to NVC via express mail

02/20/07 - CASE COMPLETE!!

04/18/07 - INTERVIEW!!!! - APPROVED!!!!

Michael's K-3:

09/28/06 - NOA1

1/25/07 - approved ...NOA2 via snail mail - 1/29/07

03/16/07 - chose not to return packet 3 to Montreal

Thanks riblet..

For the money order can't you just use the address that you will be submitting the forms to? Or will they not cash it if the address doesn't match or something?

I want to get a money order from post office because thats my only available option to pay for the $190 I-130 fee.The post office requires a physical address ..ie from the DEPT of Homeland security....but i dont know this address....can someone give me some advice....i dont have checks because i live in Japan.

I think that visitor visas don't usually receive an A number, but I guess your wife can check in her passport to see... I'm not sure about this.

I checked her visa...VISA TYPE R CLASS B2...i didnt see an alien number...

At this point you don't need a notarized copy of the marriage certificate, but I would think it would be better to have someone else certify the translation just to have a neutral person do it... but anyone who can translate should be fine.

The lease sounds like good evidence, I'm not sure what else people are sending... but the affidavit from a mutual friend sounded like a good one to me too.If i choose to include an affidavit..what should it say...specifically...??

We have both been to each others country as well, I went to meet her family in 2003 and she came to pick me up from the states in

2004 because i went for surgery.So we have visa for each country.

What about including a copy of the police records..or should i wait??

thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.