jaske78

Post-Medical check... but maybe a problem

1 post in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi there!

So the medical is done. The police certificates are in. My affidavit of support has been prepared. Tomorrow we will send in the checklist. So three questions:

1.) Now what? Will they contact via email or post?

2.) On the formal thing, it asks for the Affidavit of support. That's it. No affidavits from the banks, no information about when you opened the account, none of that. The thing is that I never received my own letter at all: my fiance got contacted from the Embassy in Belgrade on Monday and I was already on a plane about ten days later, so the letter giving me instructions is probably calmly sitting on my desk at home, where it does me absolutely no good.

So I am freaking out about that. I printed out the Affidavit I found here and filled it out truthfully for THAT DAY, but of course, my account balances changed because of bills that needed to be paid, buying tickets for the fiance, all that jazz. And while I was scrupulously honest, looking at my tax returns, looking up everything to the penny, it seems incomplete.

3.) I was horribly unprepared. I admit it. I have the packet that I sent on my computer, and LEFT THE BACKUP COPY ON MY DRESSER AT HOME. I can print it all out again and I am mostly assured that it is there, but it will be in black and white. The thing is that the Embassy does not seem to demand it at all. So how essential is this anyway?

Grumble grumble grumble.

Thanks,

Jason

PS - Am I alone in thinking that wanting to know if a potential immigrant is circumized about the creepiest thing ever? For what valid reason does Uncle Sam want to know this?

Edited by jaske78

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.