berber_wife

Letter for CGC holder husband's Schengen visa - Good enough?

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband, who is a conditional GC holder, and I are planning to go to Europe and Morocco this summer. We are going to go to a family reunion in Germany with my family and my parents are paying for the expenses. Then we plan to go to Morocco with my family so the two families can meet. It's a "last hurrah" before my husband starts tech college in the fall. We have an appointment at the Germany Counselate for the visa interview in a week. My husband has traveled a dozen times on a Schengen visa back when he lived in Morocco, but with a new process of course I'm a little nervous.

My parents wrote a letter of financial responsibility for our expenses in Europe. Should it suffice? They signed it - do they need to have it notarized too?

Here is the text of the letter - identifying information changed.

Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany
100 N. Biscayne Blvd. Suite 2200
Miami, FL 33132

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is from United States citizens Carter and Barbara Pewterschimdt, husband and wife residing at 0000 Nowhere Rd. Some Town, Some State 00000.

Our daughter, Lois Griffin, a United States citizen, and her husband, Peter Griffin, a Moroccan citizen with US resident status, who have lived with us the past year, will be traveling with us in Germany and Morocco in August 2015. The trip is partly to attend an international Pewterschimdt family reunion in Germany Aug. 8, and for us, as Lois’ parents, to spend some time with our son-in-law’s family in Midelt, Morocco.

Our daughter and son-in-law’s expenses for their entire trip will be paid by us as a family gift and we will be responsible for any expenses they incur while in Europe and Morocco.

Lois and Peter have round trip tickets on Air Berlin from Southwest Florida International Airport to Dusseldorf Airport, departing July 21 and returning Sept. 5, 2015. Upon their return, they plan to relocate to St. Petersburg, Florida, while our son-in-law attends technical college there.

We would be happy to answer any questions. We can be reached at 123-456-7890 (home) or 098-765-4321 (cell phone).

Kind regards,

Barbara Pewterschimdt

Carter Pewterschimdt

9/2011: Met in Morocco

12/2011: Trip to Europe together

1/2012: My trip to his hometown

11/2012: His first trip to USA

1/2014: His second trip to USA

3/2014: Married

Adjusting from a B visa

6/25/2014: Sent AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131)

6/28/2014: Package received at Chicago Lockbox

7/2/2014: Text and email notifications

7/2/2014: Checks cashed

7/8/2014: Hard copy NOAs received

7/25/2014: Biometrics appointment

7/25/2014: RFE for foreign birth certificate

7/26/2014: RFE responded to

7/30/2014: RFE response received

8/14/2014: Status changed to "Testing and Interview"

8/29/2014: EAD and AP card production ordered

9/10/2014: EAD and AP card received

9/27/2014: Interview letter received

9/29/2014: SS card applied for

10/4/2014: SS card received

10/28/2014: Interview - approved pending final background check; online status updated that night

11/1/2014: Welcome letter

11/4/2014: GC in hand

ROC

8/13/2016: Sent I-751 Package

8/15/2016: Package received at CSC

8/17/2016: Check cashed

8/19/2016: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.