Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

I know this feels a bit like being lazy but I have been googling, and googling, trying to get some concrete info on what I need to do about changing my UK license to a Florida one.

The DMV website makes it sound like I have to retake the test (not a problem, I've heard how easy it is) but I just want some clarification from anyone who's gone through this process. Obviously it would be ideal if I could just exchange my license and I've heard people say that it's possible because Florida recognises EU licenses.

Currently driving on my UK license which I think gives me a year as I have not registered as a resident because I'm still waiting for my EAD.

Thanks for all your help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Looks like you'll have to take the Traffic Law Substance Abuse Education test, and drivers tests.

I'm surprised that the UK isn't on the reciprocated countries list.

Edited by Transborderwife

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.