Jump to content

Employment Authorization and Advance Parole Combo Card confusion

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello VisaJourney community,

We just had our AOS interview yesterday and received the Employment Authorization Card for my wife in the mail today. At the bottom of the card is says that this card "serves as I-512 Advance Parole". Is the the combo card that allows her to work in the US and travel outside of the US during the application process for the green card?

We are still waiting for the Green Card, so if she travels outside of the US do we need to inform the USCIS or submit a seperate form? Or can she use her Employment Authorization Card to get back into the US without any problems?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is the combo card.

No need to inform anyone.

The card should get her back into the US as long as she never overstayed previous visas by 180 days +, then she might not be admitted and may face a ban.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.