NVC Welcome Letters and where to go from here...

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

as per this guide...

"A few weeks after you have received your last Notice of Action indicating the approval and forwarding of your I-130 application to the NVC, the NVC will send your relative a packet of forms that you and your relative must fill out before your relative can be given an interview date with a consulate abroad. The packet will likely contain an Of-169 form, and an Of-230 part one and two forms that must be filled out by the intending immigrant. An I-864 form is also included that must be filled out by the petitioner (living in the US). The I-864 is the Affidavit of Support form that requires copies of the petitioners past 3 U.S tax returns (or tax transcripts which are free from the IRS) as well as any bank or financial records available (see the I-864 for exact requirements based on your case). The petitioner must make at least 125% above the U.S federal poverty to indicate to the U.S government that the intending immigrant will not become a federal charge to the government when he/she arrives in the U.S.. If the petitioner cannot meet these requirements, then he/she must still file an I-864, and find a joint sponsor who can meet the requirements on his/her own. When a joint sponsor is needed ,proof of their U.S citizenship or permanent residency is required. (i.e. copy of birth certificate, immigration status etc). The joint sponsor must be residing in the U.S, and he/she must also submit his/her past 3 years U.S tax returns along with bank or any other financial records available. The joint sponsor must submit his/her own I-864 form to accompany the petitioner's I-864 form."

my relative nor i received a packet of papers including the likely 0F-169 and/or OF-230. however, i received by email 2 NVC welcome letters...one addressed to my relative in canada (NVC Welcome Letter (ACL) ) and one addressed to me (NVC Welcome Letter (PAOSF). These letters simply state our next step is going the nvc website to begin NVC processing (6 steps...#1 being choosing an agent). we have chosen an agent (me) we are now ready to do step 2...pay fees. step 3 is submit Visa Application form. This is where my question comes from...the visa application form...where do i find that (i've searched to no avail) and step 4 and 5 is collect financial and supporting documents. so no where am i seeing the likely forms 0F-169 and/or OF-230. even so are we on the right track? thank you for your help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Where you see the iv application is the immigrant visa form, it will not unlock until you have paid the aos fee, someone has reviewed your choice of agent form (can take up to 30 days) and you have been invoiced and paid the iv fee . Then the ds-260 immigrant application will become available .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.