Ruipo

have to get ITIN number for tax filing as a married couple.

6 posts in this topic

So, We are going to do this finally, but my husband needs to file his taxes first, And when he was doing it online, I have to fill out my information too. And i have neither SSN or itin. I was a F1 student, Now I am overstaying in the state to be with my partner. And does it really take 6 weeks to get an ITIN, I mean, I just wish there is a easier way to get one. Or maybe I already have one as a F1 student. Anybody had this issue?

Use the one you have before, I don't know tax is required to AOS? You don't need to get tax just to have evidence for AOS.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Use the one you have before, I don't know tax is required to AOS? You don't need to get tax just to have evidence for AOS.

I don't think I need a tax report for that, but I think my husband need one to prove his income so he will meet the requirement for his income. So he can prove that he can support me as a sponsor. But when he fill in the information online to file taxes, turbotax needs my information too since his status is married.

Use the one you have before, it is your tax ID.

N400

Use the one you have before, it is your tax ID.

I dont really know if I have one or not. I left school 6 months ago, The only document i have is I20. Are you saying if I am a F1 student I will have to have one. If so, I will ask my school to see if they have anything.

Oh you said "maybe" then I don't think you had any.

N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.