transatlantic1

LONDON EMBASSY INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE MONDAY 12TH FEB 2007 !!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

First and foremost make sure you book a decent hotel for staying down there, dont book with the Euston Square Hotel near Euston station, they charged me twice for the room(cash on the day and took it off my card,£65! cheeky monkeys!!). I travelled from manchester on the train to London and train fare was over £110. Anyways day of the interview i got there by taxi, that was £15 but i wanted to make sure i got there in one piece and on time. I must have checked all my documents a million times over prior to going but best be prepared thats all i can say. i queued up outside the Embassy and the line was growing. A person came to me and asked my name for they had a list of names for people who should be there. I was talking to Mary my sweet other half at the time, and my name wasnt on the list!! I got worried but i was told i was at a different part apparently PHEW! I had to show my appointment letter and passport to the outside security and was forwarded on to a little tent for a security check(they take phone, mp3 players, belts etc, but you get them back). You walk around the front of the Embassy and go round the side and up some steps though some double doors. You are greeted by someone who gives you 2 numbered stickers and checks your appointment letter, she was very polite i may add. You go in and then you wait till your number is called over the loudspeaker, bear in mind you could be there for a while so be warned, i waited around 15 mins.The room was pretty busy, you see "windows" like you do at banks down one side and the same down a corridor, i believe there was 24 or 25 in total. I was called to window 1 and was greeted by someone who looked like famous female chef Nancy Lam. I was asked for my birth certificate, avidavit of support and police check and any court records. PLEASE NOTE:::: I had a not guilty verdict and the case was dismissed and i got court records just in case, but i was STILL asked about it, so get COURT RECORDS REGARDLESS OF BEING NOT GUILTY!!! Anyways, i was given back my X-RAYS from the medical and given a courier form to fill in, then told to pay for the visa processing( was a $1.94 TO the £ on the day, so $100 was just over £51) Told to sit down again, one of the numbered stickers ws put on my passport byt he way. I ws called again after arpund 20 mins and had to go to window 24 and i was met by a very polite young american woman.She asked some questions which are as follows:

1: Did your girlfriend fill in the afidavit of support herself?

2:How many times have you met?

3:When did you last meet and for how long?

4:What is your girlfriends occupation?

5:What does that entail?

6:Whats your occupation?

7:What occupation do i plan to take in the U.S?

8:Explain what happened with the court case?

9:Have you made any travel arrangements?

I noticed she had a copy of the original forms you send in for the K1 visa, including the I 1-94 and all the biometric data etc. I was told to raise my right hand i swear i ws telling the truth ( i wouldnt be there if i wasnt would I? ). She said that the interview was done with and the Visa process was complete and told me to pay the courier at the front desk as you go in and she explained that i had to enetr the U.S within 6 months of recieveing the visa and 90 days to marry,asked me what area i was going to and said i'll reciev the visa in 2 to 3 days!! I payd the courier which is £13.50 and that was it, DONE! Was in there for about an hour maximum, didnt have to show any pics, phone bills or any other evidence of our relationship!! Got my stuff back, even though they lost my belt, so my jeans were falling down all around London that day haha, but i rang Mary and told her the good news and the feeling of elation is wonderful. Mary comes for me on the 6th march and we go back together on the 12th march! So i wish you all the very best of luck and best wishes and i hope everything goes as smooth for yourselves as it did for us. Remember be best prepeared document wise and keepcool in there & all will be good .. special thanks to those who posted replies to any queries we had and for your help and support.

Kind Regards,

Andy and Mary

CONGRATULATIONS!! :dance::thumbs:

.png

.png

2/5/07 - 2 Year Green Card arrives!!! YAY!!!!

5/10/08 - Received RI Driver's License!

11/10/08 - Removing Conditions - Sent package out!

11/19/08 - Received Notice of Action - 1 year extension on my current green card - now waiting for biometrics letter.

11/28/08 - Received biometrics letter.

12/12/08 - Biometrics appointment - 10am.

01/13/09 - Still waiting............

06/08/09 - Card in production and on it's way!

06/22/09 - Received 10 Year Green Card! YAY!!

happy13.gif thforevertogether.gif

thNevergiveup.gif love9.gif

blinkie18.gif

Made_in_England.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS!! :dance::thumbs:

:thumbs: Thankyou, oh and by the way the courier delivered the package which you arent allowed to open on the wednesday morning, Valentines day, how cool is that!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.