traintrain21

Removal of condition or reapply for a new green card?

16 posts in this topic

Do you think that my plans regarding the GC process is difficult or just overall?

We did look for houses in Long Island, where is much nicer, but we don't have enough money to pay for expensive day care (even in LI it costs about more than $1000/m) and mortgage that ends up to be $2500 a month. If I get a job I'm sure we can afford it, but working for day care and mortgage sounded really unsettling for me, while I have much better living condition out here in Japan. Plus, it would be so much harder to manage working and raising a child without someone's help (there is almost no one I can rely on except for my husband, who can be easily working 2 days straight).

And the jobs I can get here is much better in terms of the salary, so I thought I should save some for us to buy a house in the future.

DO you think itll be difficult, to obtain a GC again with just one visit a year?

I'm not an expert in the immigration matters, but this journey is already hard to begin with. Add your complication and you get a long and expensive process.

Regarding living expenses. You said you plan to settle in the US. But those expenses still going to be there, nothing is going to change. The only thing will change, is your child will be able to go to the public school, so no more daycare expenses. But still you'll have to find someone to get her from school and stay with her, or pay for the afterschool program.

I live and raise my kids in NY. It's possible, believe me. I also had no relatives to help.

Queens has good neighborhoods with good public schools. I even found cheap private pre-K (from 8am-3pm, 2400$ for the school year) for the little one, because I was late to register her for public program . She also went to the little daycare for 2 years. It was 800$ a month.

Add the most important benefit, your little girl will see her dad every day. It's priceless. The earlier you'll start rooting your life hear, the sooner you'll find comfort.

To answer your last question. Moving in with your husband for good, It would save you a lot of headaches.

Edited by Taureti

ROC VSC mailed 5/7/14

NOA1 5/9

Check cashed 5/14

Biometrics current

RFE dated 12/18

RFE mailed 1/20

Approved 2/2 ! ( letter came from the local office)

Card received 2/17/15 !!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.