Wishbone111

Ok to fly over during K1 or not??

6 posts in this topic

Hi I have another question for you guys:

I asked some people about this one also but I am still not sure.

I am currently in Germany and my Fiance in the US,the last time I saw him was for (87 days) and I came back in January of 2007.

Now my question,I talked to this women online,she flew over to the US to see her boyfriend,they asked her what she is doing(she flew over 3 monthes before that),she said she is going to see her boyfriend....as it happend she had to go in their office where she told them she was wanting to get married(did not of course have a visa process etc running),they called her boyfriend and asked him also he said"yes I would marry her anytime",after them getting her Emialpassword and getting yelled at for 3 hours she got a refused stamp and had to go back to Germany.

I really dont want that to happen to me.

Now my question do you guys think it is ok to fly over to the US during our process? We dont even have a NOA1 so far,or should I wait for the NOA1 so that the homeland people know that I am doing the process.

Some people said it is no problem to come into the country during the process.

Any of you guys been in the same situation as me and coule help me?

I would at least stay for like 4-5 weeks,I saw a cheap ticket online,or should I maybe call the homeland people and ask them there?

I really dont want to jepordize flying there and getting a refused stamp,it would be a waste of money.

I still have a bunch of binding ties here in Germany such as my insurance phone bill contract etc.so I could take those to prove I am coming back right???

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

If you show strong ties to your home country and answer the CBP honestly, there shouldn't be any problems. Should being the operative word though. A return ticket isn't necessarily a strong tie. Things like bills, mortgage or lease, some have brought letters from employers stating when they are expected back to work, etc. Sometimes it depends on the CBP, if he or she has doubts or if they're in a good mood that day ;) I usually did the flying (I'm the USC) and even I had a few moments with CBP's going into Canada to visit my fiancé (now my husband).

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey there! My fiance was flying over a little over a month ago, we had already received our NOA2 and the letter saying it was going to be sent to the embassy within a week. We were really worried that he'd be denied entry so he just got as much info/documents as possible. A letter from work stating that there couldn't be any holidays taken after a certain point because they were moving. A list of appointments and such he would need to attend. He didn't have an apartment or anything, so we were worried he might not have enough ties.. So we were all prepared and NOTHING! They didn't even question him more than normal, just asked him what he was over here for, he said holiday, and the guy said have a good day. No hassle what so ever. It depends on who you get and what kind of mood they're in, but what I have read was that basically 3 different people have to deny you before you're actually sent away. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I'd go for it, get the documents you might need, keep your fingers crossed, and fly away! Good luck!

April 21 Dave arrives in America!

April 28 WE GET MARRIED!!!

May 9 Went to SS office and was denied

May 15 After gathering all paperwork, told we must file through DORA program

July 19 DORA appointment - they send paperwork to Chicago after this.

July 24 Paperwork is received by Chicago

August 9 Notice for Biometrics appointment

August 28 NOAs for AOS/EAD

Sept 6 Biometrics

Sept 26 Email saying card production ordered for EAD.. YES!!!

Oct 9 EAD card, Yay!!!!!

Dec 31 Finally got the Resident card! Yay!!!

Just my opinion...

What you can do and what you should/shouldn't do are two different things.

Me...I wouldn't jeopardize anything by visiting during this process. Remember, you have petitioned the government to grant a visa that it does not have to give. Am no expert or a lawyer but I would not want to be in the chair in Frankfurt (or any other embassy) explaining how I have a US port of entry stamp in my passport and my petition says something different. Not saying it's impossible, just saying I wouldn't risk it over a cheap ticket.

Hope it works best for you guys.. :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.