4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

okie I m so frustrated now as my wife called Nvc today and enquire about the status of our documents as nvc sent us an multiple emails that they received our documents on 18th May and they will review it within 30 days or so as per our consultant he said he submitted all documents and fee of Aos through mail to them today when she called nvc reps the lady who received call said yes we received the documents but the ds 261 form is incomplete and she looked the status of Aos fee online which was also showing not paid where as our consultant said he sent every thing to nvc on lo may I am now worried what should I do me n wife check the website it was working n we manage to fill ds 261 form now the question of fee should we pay it again online but what if the consultant paid it too but we haven't received any invoice so is it better that we pay it online does nvc returns double payments or they just accept it or is it wise to wait for three days till they review our form ds 261 n may be in t the mean time payment status change too any one please guide

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

I am in your boat as well, I just got off the phone with the NVC and they have me super confused. My spouses status should be IR-1 since I submitted a copy of my Naturalization Cert in Feb, but it still stuck on F2A. I have called in to the NVC numerous times and got a different story that it will be a week from I call before the site update with the correct info.

My Status is still F2A however they have manged to send me AOS Invoice and IV invoice, both of which I have paid, one online the other by mail because their site does not work. Now it is more confusing when I am being told that my case is Current as of March 20 something 2015, when they clearly state that the status is still not reviewed and updated.

When asked how is it possible to be in a status such as F2A that had a priority date of October 2013 and now have a current date? The guy on the phone says it is current but they have not reviewed my naturalization document submitted yet, there is no sign of them even starting the review.

Then I mentioned to him that the last person said the process began and it would be completed and updated on the website in 5 days from my calling. He says he sees that in the notes but he see that they have not reviewed it yet.

When asked how long it usually takes to do all these reviews he say 30 days when I previously was told 60 days. Please note February to June has been way more than 60 days.

So I am confused.

In response to your question should you pay again. I do not think you will need to as long as you retained the stub from your money order and have evidence that you mailed the payment off to the ST LOUIS fee office. Hopefully they update your stuff soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank You @nthonyC well I hope they process your cases quickly and NVC reps do confuse people some times for instance they know too that the website status is currently not been update due to be being down for quite some time but still she was looking the status online which was showing not paid whereas we asked her to see if they received it in maill now what happened is that out of frustration my wife paid the AOS fee online again whereas the same was being sent to the NVC by our consultant too.Now what if both the payments got processed. Does NVC return such fees in such scenario or they would happily take both fees secondly how long does it take iv bill slot to open once AOS fee is paid online?

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Well according to the NVC folks they said it would take a week to open up the IV fee on the site, however it has been 2 months I have been waiting. So I have no exact time. I am about giving up on focusing on what the mad men and women there are doing, too much head aches. If your wife paid twice, I don't think they will have the kind heart to refund as these fees are non-returnable. However lets pray that they are not greedy and will get their act right to the point they realize you need a credit to your IV fee.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.