KASH2011

I-751 June 2015 Filers

602 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok I called again USCIS office again today... this time it was a nice lady who took her time and checked again while putting me on hold. Her explaining made me understand that once you apply for ROC, the I-797 receipt letter kind of becomes your temporary GC replacement, and the validity is one year from the receipt date on that letter. You from then on always keep the letter and green card together for proof of permanent residence.

The actual temporary Green card's expiry date becomes irrelevant at this point. This was also confirmed by the Irish Embassy that refused me a visit visa for a week's visit in May 27th, saying that the receipt letter expiry date in June was less than a month after my return to the states in June 3rd. They need a minimum of 3 months validity, which I initially thought was the case since my conditional GC expired 9/15/15, and logically would expire in 9/15/16 with the extension letter. But no. Again, I would love to be wrong. But two calls to the USCIS office and the Irish Embassy refusing me entry visa seem to indicate that I'm right when I say the new expiry date for the GC till they make a decision on the 10yr GC is based on one year from the receipt date on the I-797 extension letter.

EDit: For what its worth she said it was strange that it was taking so long for the applications to be processed. She said that they are currently going through March Applicants.

I have made an infopass appt, where I will explain my case to the officer and hope to get some sort of extension (stamp on passport?) to allow me to travel to Ireland. This means I need my permanent resident status to be valid until September, as I will be back in the states in June. Hope this works out :)

oh and also can someone add me to the VSC list?:

VJName..............Date of I-751...NOA1 Date....Biometrics.....Approved

email2faisalplz.......6/15/15.......6/22/15.......7/23/15..........

So she said it is strange why is taking so long for processing of I-751. It is strange for all of us also. Should ask her if it so strange why don't speed up or transfer some cases to CSC... I really hope that VCS will give soon some of the summer case to CSC... Otherwise it is going to be 10-11 months of a wait...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my case was transferred to California which I find really weird because I never got a letter informing me of the transfer. Anyway the transfer hasn't speed up the process.

If you never got a letter how do you know that your case has been transferred. Did you move to a different state and change your address online or anything. Please give us some details.

Filed: Other Country: Laos
Timeline

Looks like my case was transferred to California which I find really weird because I never got a letter informing me of the transfer. Anyway the transfer hasn't speed up the process.

How did you know that the case was transferred when you did not receive the notification?

Yes, Sorry I wasn't more specific. I moved back in November made the change of address on online and also by mail; weeks later they send me letter that reads;

post-227490-0-84760500-1456936111_thumb.jpeg

I called them to ask them if why didn't I get a letter, but the io said they don't have to let me know anything, and even when I didn't ask for my case he was very "nice" and said anyway this cases are taking more than 12 months to get aproved if you have nothing to worry about... Then wait!. So that was that. You know calling them is worthless sometimes!!

Yes, Sorry I wasn't more specific. I moved back in November made the change of address on online and also by mail; weeks later they send me letter that reads;

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

I called them to ask them if why didn't I get a letter, but the io said they don't have to let me know anything, and even when I didn't ask for my case he was very "nice" and said anyway this cases are taking more than 12 months to get aproved if you have nothing to worry about... Then wait!. So that was that. You know calling them is worthless sometimes!!

If you moved from a state which is under jurisdiction of VSC to a state which ROC petitions get process by CSC, it is normal your case to be transfer. You can always call and ask CSC what is going on with your case. It seems like they are done with June cases and working on July-August c right now.

When you said that your case got transferred, but you did not get a letter, I thought that may be your online status change or something. I really hope that VSC will transfer June and July fillers to CSC to handle the backlog. People have been waiting so long. Some of them are close to their citizenship appling time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

But I only moved two streets down from my old address, so transferring my case to csc doesn't make any sense.

Weren't you supposed to file to CSC if you live in Texas?

You know what? I had a lawyer do all my paperwork, so to be honest I don't know.

I wish you all the best with your journey. What I was trying to figure out is if your case got transferred because of changing address or because VSC has started transferring some casework to California. Sometimes they do that but announce it on the website later on. As far as I know none of June or July 2015 Vermont fillers have shared in the forum that their case have been transferred. If the info from your profile is correct and you really live in Texas, you should apply with CSC at the first place. But once again it is confusing so good luck.

Timeline

You know what? I had a lawyer do all my paperwork, so to be honest I don't know.

Right now TX files to VSC but that might have been different when you filed. I have the instructions from my package and it points out to the website to find the correct place to file, but I found instructions on the web from 2008, TX was filing at VSC by then and I bet they made the change for TX to file CSC recently. They probably didn't transfer any of the pending cases at VSC but if someone makes an address change now, they then perform transfer if necessary.

This could actually be a hack to speed up process for people who filed at VSC but their state is now supposed to file to CSC. If you are in one of those states, just make a dummy address change to the current address you live, they may then transfer the case to CSC and will be adjudicated much faster. If I am correct, these states are FL, LA, OK, SC, TN, and TX.

Anyway good luck with your case. As others pointed out CSC is much ahead of VSC, they may adjudicate your case very shortly.

Right now TX files to VSC but that might have been different when you filed. I have the instructions from my package and it points out to the website to find the correct place to file, but I found instructions on the web from 2008, TX was filing at VSC by then and I bet they made the change for TX to file CSC recently. They probably didn't transfer any of the pending cases at VSC but if someone makes an address change now, they then perform transfer if necessary.

This could actually be a hack to speed up process for people who filed at VSC but their state is now supposed to file to CSC. If you are in one of those states, just make a dummy address change to the current address you live, they may then transfer the case to CSC and will be adjudicated much faster. If I am correct, these states are FL, LA, OK, SC, TN, and TX.

Anyway good luck with your case. As others pointed out CSC is much ahead of VSC, they may adjudicate your case very shortly.

Texas is under jurisdiction of CSC since February-March 2015.

Timeline

Texas is under jurisdiction of CSC since February-March 2015.

Does that mean they waited 9 months to transfer a case that was mistakenly filed at VSC? or they will be doing another workload transfer soon which they haven't announced at the USCIS alerts page yet.

Edited by charmander

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.