edt370a

Question re : N400 Part 11 Q . 23 - 24 - 25 as it pertains to traffic tickets

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My wife is applying for citizenship at the same time as I am. She has ONE traffic ticket (for failure to yield when turning left) for $75 back in 2007, which was paid. She went to traffic court because she pleaded not guilty, but the judge ruled a guilty verdict and issued the $75 ticket. (We have since obtained a court-certified copy of the entire docket, which she will take with her when called for the citizenship interview). My question at this time is: So she will mark YES for Part 11 Q. 23 of her N400 form. However, what about Q. 24 and Q. 25? Technically speaking, was she charged with an offense and subsequently convicted? If so, should she answer YES to Q. 24 and Q. 25 also?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you list the citation and take the proof of payment with you, you'll be fine.

As for the remaining questions, I personally am not clear on how they should be answered. If you answer yes, your interviewer will ask about them. If you answer no, tell your interviewer at the interview that you were not sure what the answer should be. Since you already listed the citation and answered yes to that question, it'll be clear that you were not trying to hide anything.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Timeline

If you list the citation and take the proof of payment with you, you'll be fine.

As for the remaining questions, I personally am not clear on how they should be answered. If you answer yes, your interviewer will ask about them. If you answer no, tell your interviewer at the interview that you were not sure what the answer should be. Since you already listed the citation and answered yes to that question, it'll be clear that you were not trying to hide anything.

Thank you Jimmy, that makes perfect sense!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.