aklovely

City of interview / tax return?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, everyone. I have a couple of questions that I can't seem to find answers to. I hope it's ok to ask both in this forum...

I've seen a review for an interview in Melbourne, but all other interviews in Australia seem to take place in Sydney. Does that mean the one review I saw was false, and interviews ONLY happen in Sydney (for the eastern side of Australia, anyway), not also in Melbourne?

My other question is regarding supporting documents for the I-134. I understand what I need to provide, but I can't help but wonder: I only worked for 4 months last year because I was out of the country during the rest of the year, so my last tax return doesn't represent what I'm earning now. So, if I provide my latest tax return, will it hurt my case? Maybe a dumb question, but it'll bother me if I don't ask.

Thanks in advance!

Interviews are only held on Tuesday's and only in Sydney. Not sure what the Melbourne review you saw was about :)

If you're worried about your income on paper, provide the tax info for the year's prior to your traveling and enclose a note explaining the big gap in employment. You shouldn't have a problem.

Good luck.

Thanks a bunch! :)

I was really hoping for Melbourne, but I guess he'll just have to take a long, long road trip. As for the tax returns, I don't believe any of them are really very good, since I've only been a part-timer the past few years. I guess I'll just give the last two and hope for the best. I've found permanent full-time work recently, so maybe that'll mean more to them than my previous years...

The Melbourne consulate does conduct non-immigrant visa interviews, so the review you saw could have been for a different visa type. For immigrant visa interviews (including K-1 though this is technically a non-immigrant visa) Sydney is the only consulate in Australia.

Are you the US citizen or are you the visa applicant? Only the US citizen needs to provide tax returns.

Hi!

I am the US citizen. My previous tax returns won't reflect my ability to sponsor, which is why I'm a little worried about sending them. My next tax return will provide much stronger evidence, but that's still several months away. As long as I also send my record of current employment and the statement from my bank, surely it'll be fine... =/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancee's tax returns would not have supported us. She was in Australia until 4 months before her last filing so wouldn't be able to show easily.

We provided:

- The most recent tax return

- Letter on official letterhead from current employer showing start date and weekly earnings (with the above, maths can be done to calculate yearly earnings)

- My resume (showing ability to work)

- Copy of my savings account (showing my ability to support myself for a long time)

And nothing else was asked.

Edited by tayurshu

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.