Miguel Sue 2007

I-601 Waiver & Ciudad Juarez Questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know the average processing time for a I-601 at Ciudad Juarez? I am in the process of getting the paperwork together to show the extreme hardship.

Also does anyone have any suggestions of important documents to put in with the waiver. I don't want to miss something.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Does anyone know the average processing time for a I-601 at Ciudad Juarez? I am in the process of getting the paperwork together to show the extreme hardship.

Also does anyone have any suggestions of important documents to put in with the waiver. I don't want to miss something.

Thanks

Currently about 10 months for 601 waiver approval in CJD - hopefully that will change soon and get shorter.

Check the stickies in the 601 forum on www.immigrate2us.net for more information on the evidence required to support the claims in the waiver. Good luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, good stuff regarding hardship letters on I2US. Look for anything that says HSL. Don`t underestimate the importance of preparing and documenting your letter- approvals used to be almost automatic there, but that isn`t the case anymore. Well presented applications are still being approved (slowly) but a lot are denied now, usually due to insuficient documentation. Good luck with your case!

Timeline

Thanks

We had submitted our waiver on Feb. 13, 2006. We have not received anything as of yet.

I did call CDJ back in Nov. and they told me that the waiver was filed on March 13, . They told me not worry that everything was fine. We are just basically waiting for our next interview date. On the CDJ website they say that you only receive a letter when the waiver is denied. I am assuming that our waiver was accepted and that we are just waiting for the interview. I had sent them an email 2 days ago and to my suprise they responded right away. They said that they were very busy, but that our wait time is 4-5 months more from Feb. 2007. I also heard from a person that works for Congressman Guttierez that they are backed up with the waivers. This is all very difficult. I just want my husband back. I love going to Mexico, but it would be nice to travel as a couple.

Oh, about my letter, I had a very good friend write it for me. She happens to be a linguistics professor, and extremely intelligent. We looked for things like; I have psoriasis and it becomes aggravated during stress, I have a son, without a father and how difficult it is and that his grandpa died and there isn't anyone to fill this role, the emotional stress mentally and physically. i hope this can help.

Timeline

Lisa, have you ever checked the I-601 forum on I2US? The forum base is much smaller than VJ, but there are a lot more with Mexico cases. There are maybe 60 people waiver cases through CDJ who hang out there and post timelines at least to some extent. I think there are two Feb filers there who are still waiting and one Jan filer (all with waivers entered in Mar, I think). Your case isn`t out of the ballpark, but it is a bit older than what most folks are looking at. Drop by and see us sometime.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.